Pre-Clinical Hospital Teaching
In Year 1 every medical student will undertake placements in three clinical areas:
- In October or November students will visit a non-acute Medical Ward or a Care of the Elderly Unit.
- In March students will visit a Cardiovascular/Respiratory ward.
- In April/May students will visit an Emergency Medicine Unit.
In Year 2 every medical student will have three teaching visits. Visits are for clinical bedside teaching of history taking and clinical examinations in the following specialities:
- In November the Gastrointestinal and/or Renal Systems will be taught.
- In December the Cardiovascular and/or Respiratory Systems will be taught.
- In March the Musculoskeletal and/or Neurological Systems will be taught.
To find out information with regards to contributing to Pre-Clinical Hospital Teaching visit here.
If you have any enquiries relating to Pre-Clinical Hospital Teaching, please contact the relevant Curriculum Support Administrator: