Julie Kennedy, Project Researcher; Janice Watson Project Manager and Chancellors Fund recipient, former Faculty of Medicine Web Manager; Professor Peter W Macfarlane, Professor of Electrocardiology and joint Chancellor’s Fund recipient
Cardiology and Medical Sciences, University of Glasgow 2007
- We are very grateful to the Chancellors Fund for providing financial support for the opportunity to undertake the History of the Medical Faculty Website Project, to expand the history section of the Faculty of Medicine website.
- We would also like to thank Emily Wallace and staff of the Alumni Office for their assistance in contacting graduates to contribute to the website podcasts and personal stories.
- Many thanks go to Maggie Reilly and Paula Summerly, for their excellent advice and extensive use of images from their exhibition at the Hunterian Museum, A Healing Passion, Medicine in Glasgow Past and Present which were invaluable for the website and booklet and much appreciated.
- We would also like to express our gratitude to Lesley Richmond and Staff at University of Glasgow Archive Services for knowledgeable guidance and assistance in suggesting, finding and providing much significant material and many images for the project (and in copyright matters).
- We would like to thank Alma Topen, Yorkhill Archivist and Carol Parry, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow Archivist for generously giving their time and assistance in providing interesting archive material and a great choice of images for the website and booklet. Our thanks also go to Alistair Tough and staff of Greater Glasgow Health Board Archives for recommendations and help in finding information in their collections.
- Thanks also go to Annie Docherty, Production Library Administrator at Scottish Screen Archives for organising the use of film from the Scottish Screen Archives Collections. Also thanks to the Glasgow Herald for permission to use the article, ‘Got a Body to Spare’.
- A big thanks to Bill Paterson and staff of Medical Illustration Services, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, for supplying photographs and images and in particular, Adrian Struthers, providing his always good humoured assistance with audio recordings and film for the project.
- Thanks to the University of Glasgow Special Collections for images for the website and booklet.
- For recommending reference sources, we would like to thank Michael Moss of HATII and Malcolm Nicolson from the Centre for the History of Medicine, University of Glasgow and Mrs Rosa Sacharin at the Scottish Jewish Archives.
- Thanks also go to the staff at Corporate Communications – the Web Team for their ongoing help with the Content Management System and Anna Ashton for supplying images and advice on the booklet. Also to the photographic unit.
- A special thanks to all contributors to the website podcasts and personal stories for their time and anecdotes (and hospitality).
- Thanks go to the Staff in the Department of Cardiology Computing Laboratory, University of Glasgow for their support and interest in the project.
- And finally, thanks to Gillian Lamb and Mandy McGregor, for patient and creative graphic design and publishing of ‘A Significant Medical History’.