Information for Employers
Entry to the work placement year is competitive and will involve placement applications and interviews.
Prior to the placement year:
- Be involved in the selection procedure, including interviewing students and informing them of all necessary disclosure and financial checks required.
During the placement year:
- Provide a work placement opportunity with appropriate training as well as providing work that is relevant to the student's skills and abilities in the area of Statistics.
- Provide a final report and grade on the student's placement year and discuss the student's grade for the year with their Statistics supervisor.
- Full details of employers responsibilities as well as the responsibilities of The University of Glasgow can be found in MSci with WP- Responsibilites for University and Employer.
- More information including the degree programme structure and entry requirements can be found at Information for students.
- For full details including how to become an employer please contact School of Mathematics and Statistics.