Online MSc Data Analytics
Data is becoming an ever increasing part of modern life, yet the talent to extract information and value from complex data is scarce. This Masters will provide you with a thorough grounding in state-of-the art methods for learning from data, both in terms of statistical modelling and computation. You will also gain practical hands-on experience in carrying out various data-driven analytical projects. Previous study of Statistics or Computing Science is not required.
In addition to the conventional one-year MSc in Data Analytics we are offering a part-time online distance learning programme.
Online MSc Programme
The MSc programme in Data Analytics by online distance learning is typically completed over three years. A faster route is also available, which allows for completing the programme in two years.
Online Distance Learning
The programme will be delivered via online distance learning. Your courses will consist of reading material, tutor-led videos and rich interactive content, which you will work on at your on pace, with milestones and assessment to be completed according to an agreed timetable. You will be able to interact with tutors and be given individual support in one-to-one videoconferencing tutorials.
More information about online learning at Glasgow can be found on the Glasgow Online microsite.
Probability and Applied Statistics
- Stochastic Models and Probability or
Probability and Sampling Fundamentals
- Learning from Data: Data Scienc Foundations
- Predictive Models
- Advanced Predictive Models
- Uncertainty Assessment and Bayesian Computation
- Data Mining and Machine Learning I: Supervised and Unsupervised Learning
- Data Mining and Machine Learning II: Big and Unstructured Data
- Large-Sclae Computing for Data Analytics
- R Programming
- Data Programming in Python
- Data Management and Analytics using SAS
- Large-Scale Computing for Data Analytics
Business and Industry
All taught courses are worth 10 credits. The dissertation is worth 60 credits. Students can only choose the portfolio option if their proposal has been accepted by the projetc management team.