Mr Joss Hamilton
- Technician (Life Sciences General Teaching)
0141 330 5372
Lab 210, Graham Kerr Building, University of Glasgow, G12 8QQ
Joss is a technician within the School of Life Sciences, mainly based within the Graham Kerr building, helping to oversee the operation and development of the Zoology Teaching Labs. He has also gained experience working in other student labs across the School of Life Sciences including the Level 1 Biology Teaching Labs, the Biochemistry Teaching Labs and the Physiology and Sports Science Teaching Labs and continues to expand his knowledge and experience in various sectors of life sciences.
- Graduated from University of Glasgow in 2013 obtaining a BSc Honours in Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Completed a three-year modern apprenticeship at University of Glasgow, obtaining a Level 4 Technical Apprenticeship in Laboratory and Associated Technical Activates (Education Science) SCQF Level 7
- Has worked at the University of Glasgow as a Technician since 2018 within multiple labs in the School of Life Sciences
Role and Responsibilities
- To assist senior technical staff and engage in training in good laboratory practices.
- To provide support for teaching activities using a range of biological technologies in a research led environment.
- To check, maintain, prepare and provide laboratory stock, equipment, glassware and reagents to meet timetable demands.
- To maintain quality and consistency of measurements.
- To carry out equipment checks and maintain information systems.
- To adhere to health and safety regulations at all times.
- To attend various training courses to improve and expand knowledge and experience relating to the technician post.