Ms Claire Fitton
- Lecturer in Anatomy (Life Sciences Human Life Sciences)
Claire is a lecturer in Anatomy at the University of Glasgow, acting as maternity cover for Dr Jenny Clancy.
She holds a BSc (Hons) in Biomedical Sciences (anatomy) from Cardiff University and an MSc in Forensic Anthropology from the University of Dundee.
Prior to commencing her PhD, Claire briefly worked as a Research Technician at the Image Guided Therapy Research Facility, University of Dundee. There, Claire helped to develop vascular models in the Thiel cadaver to facilitate the evaluation of preclinical endovascular devices by commercial partners.
This work inspired the topic for Claire’s PhD, investigating the histological and biomechanical properties of Thiel embalmed arteries to help validate the Thiel cadaver as an endovascular research model.
- Translational clinical research
- Vascular research
- Thiel embalming
- Human identification
Claire is deputy coordinator for the Forensic Osteology, Clinically-Applied Anatomy, and MSc Medical Visualisation and Human Anatomy courses.
She also contributes to teaching on the following courses:
- Anatomy 3A
- Anatomy 3B
- Anatomical Imaging Techniques
- Introduction to Anatomy (BIOL5247)
- Structure and Function of the Human Body (BIOL5248)
- Core Skills for Modern Anatomists
- 2C Human Biological Sciences 2