Mrs Christine Carr
- Chief Technician (Life Sciences General Teaching)
Room 1007, Level 10, School of Life Sciences, Boyd Orr Building, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Christine is the chief technician for the School of Life Sciences, a role that sees her oversee facilities in nine lab areas and manage a team of 33 technical/operations staff to provide support for UG and PGT laboratory teaching and the wider College of MVLS.
This includes 16 Life Sciences UG degree programmes, UG Medicine/Dentistry/Nursing/Vet Medicine, PGT programmes, summer schools, CPD courses and other external users of lab space.
As part of the role, Christine also oversees recruitment, induction, management, training and career development for technicians, laboratory assistants and modern apprentice technicians.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Qualified VQ Assessor for Modern Apprenticeship programme
- Member of Management Committee for School of Life Sciences
- Member of Safety Committee for School of Life Sciences. Manage, develop and ensure compliance of Health & Safety within School.
- Member of University Technician Commitment Steering Group; working to ensure Visibility, Recognition, Career Development and Sustainability of technicians.
- Member of Project Development Board for future teaching laboratory space within University
- Experience in Molecular Biology, previously managed Biotechnology Teaching facility.