A Message from our Head of School
Our aim is to offer internationally competitive degrees that meet the needs of today’s science graduates in the global job market. To do this we utilise the research and teaching strengths of the College of MVLS to deliver research-led education and equip our graduates with the skills and attributes necessary for success in any chosen career.
The School is responsible for the organisation and delivery of teaching for undergraduate degree programmes and taught postgraduate programmes across the Life Sciences.
We provide teaching and support for degree programmes delivered in the other Schools within MVLS – Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing and Veterinary Medicine – and, in partnership with Research Institutes in MVLS, contribute to postgraduate teaching, training and research.
We have a large and diverse student body, which includes Scottish, UK, EU and international students. We are happy to welcome visiting and exchange students, and we believe in the many advantages our students gain from adding an international dimension to their studies.
Strengths of the School include:
- The academic breadth of teaching activities
- Innovative teaching practice
- Experienced staff committed to providing an excellent teaching and learning experience for students
- Substantial flexibility within the range of available degree programmes
- The quality of the student experience as reflected in Institution-led, national and international surveys (eg National Student Survey, International Student Barometer).