- 0141 330 3717
Who is a Copyright User? A sociological perspective
Professor Martin Kretschmer
Chris Watson (CMS)
Conferences and talks
- “Private ordering and the origins of the digital user” IP Discussion Group, University of Oxford (27 November 2018)
- “eSports as Traditional Sports: Consequences for Copyright” Postgraduate Law Conference, University of Strathclyde (28 September 2018)
- “The Concept and Myth of the Digital User in Copyright Law” Intellectual Property Researchers Europe, University of Geneva/WIPO/WTO (29 June 2018)
- Copyright Evidence Wikipedia - Responsible for sourcing, coding, and promoting database relating to empirical research in copyright law.
- EU Copyright Reform - Ongoing research assistance relating to Directive on Copyright in the Digital Single Market.
- Open Access Tracking Project - Sourcing and tagging of open access related news.
- OpenAIRE - Creation of checklist tool designed to ensure digital repository compatibility with open access principles.
- OpenMinTeD - Open licence annotation integrated into text and data mining compatibility matrix.
- Teaching/Admin Assistant, Copyright X (affiliated course offered by Harvard Law School) (Spring Semester, 2018)
- Workshop Presenter, “Securing your Intellectual Creations”, Scottish Graduate School for Arts & Humanities Summer School (20 June 2018)
PhD Scholarship in legal aspects of data and digital innovation at School of Law, in collaboration with international law firm CMS and CREATe, the RCUK copyright centre (2017).
- “The First Software Licensing Agreement and its Relationship with Copyright Law”, CREATe Blog (14 November 2018)
- “Conference Report: More Than Just a Game, QMUL”, CREATe Blog (1 May 2018)
- “Report: CREATe Public Lecture by Carys Craig - The Predictable Decline of Fair Dealing?”, CREATe Blog (17 April 2018)
- “Report: CREATe Public Lecture by Lilla Montagnani on Public Art and Copyright Law”, CREATe Blog (2 November 2017)
- LLB Law (Stirling University) First Class (Hons) (2010-2014) (achieving three certificates of academic excellence in Competition, Environmental, and Criminal Prejudice and Discrimination Law)
- HNC Social Sciences (Ayr College) (2009-2010) (incl. Sociology, Psychology, Criminology and Research Methodology)
Paralegal, CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang LLP (2015-2017) working primarily in litigation (mainly large-scale disclosure reviews) and latterly in transactional IP.