Dr Kate Mathis
- Graduate Teaching Assistant(AWSP) (Learning Enhancement & Academic Development Service)
- Affiliate (Celtic & Gaelic)
- The Ulster Cycle in its medieval context and later reception (e.g. politicized reshaping during the Celtic Revival; exchange of component tales between Ireland and Scotland);
- Elegy and lament; representations of grief, mourning, and violent emotion in Gaelic and Welsh literature (ca. AD 700-1500);
- Women’s poetry in the Scottish Gàidhealtachd (ca. AD 1200-1800).
- Monograph: The Tri-partite life of Deirdre: Text and context from the Ulster Cycle to 1916;
- The translation of grief from Classical to Celtic-language contexts.
- Celtic Civilisation 1A / 1B
- Celtic Civilisation 2A / 2B
- Introduction to Middle Welsh
- Skills and Scholarship in Celtic Studies