Guidelines and policies
SHW etiquette for allocating work to professional services colleagues
SHW staff are asked to adhere to the following etiquette when allocating work to professional services colleagues
- Be realistic about how urgent a piece of work may be. (If it can wait a day, or longer, please say so!) This will help professional services staff prioritise their workload.
- If you do have an urgent deadline, please consider how much time the task is likely to take for someone who may already have a full workload OR who may not be familiar with what is required.
- Recognise professional services staff’s expertise and experience in certain areas and, where applicable, ask their advice on how long a piece of work might take, and what issues might arise.
- Please be patient and recognise the pressures colleagues may be under. If there is a small task that needs to be done, it may be more efficient to do this yourself (for example, setting up a Zoom call).
- Always be appreciative of colleagues’ efforts to do the best job possible, sometimes under difficult conditions.
- Treat all colleagues as equals and as key members of your team.
|Approved by||SHW Athena Swan professional services group|
|First approved||January 2017|
|Last reviewed/updated||June 2021|
|Next review||June 2024|