Dr Xiaolei Liu
- Lecturer in Geo-energy Engineering (Systems Power & Energy)
Dr.-Ing. Xiaolei Liu, PhD/MSc/BSc (Hons)/FHEA/PGCert/P2P, is a lecturer in Geo-energy Engineering and a member of the Systems, Power & Energy (SPE) Research Division within the School of Engineering since December 2018. Prior to the University of Glasgow, he was a Research Fellow in Mechanical Engineering at the Geo-energy Engineering Centre within the School of Water, Energy, and Environment, Cranfield University (2017 -2018). In 2017, he was appointed as Deputy Director of the MSc programmes in “Energy Informatics” and “Advanced Mechanical Engineering” at Cranfield University. Before that, he worked as a Research Associate in the Institute of Petroleum Engineering at Clausthal University of Technology, Germany (2012-2017). He holds a PhD degree in Engineering (magna cum laude) and an MSc degree in Petroleum Engineering from Clausthal University of Technology, Germany; a BSc (Hons) in Petroleum Engineering from Northeast Petroleum University, China. To be involved in the energy sector outside of academia, he is a full member of International Geothermal Association (IGA), the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE), and AXELOS. Furthermore, he owns the Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA).
- Energy Interface/Hybrid Energy Solutions
- Liquid Unloading in Natural Gas Production
- Deep Borehole Heat Exchangers
- Integrated Modeling of Reservoir and Wellbore
- Enhanced Geothermal System (EGS)
- Multiphase Flow Metering
If you are ambitious in academic and interested to pursue a PhD degree, you are more than welcome to send a one-page research proposal and an academic Curriculum Vitae (CV) to me. The College of Science & Engineering offers various Student Funding Opportunities. Also, the division of Systems, Power and Energy provides a number of PhD Openings. International exchange students and visiting scholars are also appreciated. If you are applying for the China Scholarship Council 2019, you could find out here how it works within the University of Glasgow.
- Session Co-chair (renewable energy, O&M sector) for the 38th OMAE-International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Member of AXELOS
- Member of “European Geothermal Energy Council (EGEC)”
- Member of “International Geothermal Association (IGA)”
- Member of “Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE)”
- Reviewer of “Applied Energy”
- Reviewer of “Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering"
- Reviewer of “International Conference on Ocean, Offshore & Arctic Engineering (OMAE)”
- Reviewer of “Multiphase Science and Technology”
- Reviewer of “Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering”