Dr Petros Karadimas
- Lecturer in Glasgow College UESTC (Systems Power & Energy)
Dr. Petros Karadimas was born in Tripolis, Greece. He completed his MEng and PhD degrees in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Patras, Greece, in 2002 and 2008, respectively. In December 2009, he was appointed as a Research Fellow in the Centre for Wireless Network Design (CWIND), Department of Computer Science and Technology, University of Bedfordshire, UK. He was appointed as a Lecturer in Electronic Engineering in the same Department in October 2011, where he was promoted to Senior Lecturer in August 2015. In August 2016, he moved to the University of Glasgow, UK, as a Lecturer in Electrical and Electronic Engineering. His research interests include Radio Propagation and Wireless Channel Modeling, Antenna Arrays and Multiple Antenna Systems, Communication and Information Theory and Physical Layer Wireless Security and Secrecy. His research has been funded by major research councils and funding organizations including UK's EPSRC and CDE/DSTL.
For PhD applicants who want to join my research group, please read below:
Petros Karadimas is accepting PhD applicants in the wide fields of: a) Radio Propagation and Wireless Channel Modeling, b) Antenna Arrays and Multiple Antenna Systems, c) Communication and Information Theory and d) Physical Layer Wireless Security and Secrecy.
For the complete list of PhD topics I have currently proposed, please navigate here:
Alternatively, you can identify a different project topic within any relevant to my interests research area by emailing your project proposal to me: email@example.com.
Admission to the PhD programme is centrally managed by the School of Engineering and you need to apply first though the process described here:
Once you have applied in a field aligned with my research interests, we will arrange an interview to further process your application.
For funding, you have to make a seprate application according to your eligibility status, please check the link above and info below:
International: Self-funded and/or owning personal scholarships.
1. May 2018 – April 2020: EPSRC (~250K GBP), “Bandwidth and Energy Efficient Compact Multi-Antenna Systems for Connected Autonomous Vehicles,” Principal Investigator.
2. January 2016-March 2016: CDE/DSTL (~100K GBP), “Dynamic Cyber-Security Systems over Rapidly Time-Varying Vehicular Ad hoc Networks (VANETs),” Principal Investigator.
- Abed Pour Sohrab: Compact MIMO and Diversity Antennas
- Yingke Huang: Optimized Antenna Array Topologies
- Mirko Bottarelli: Cryptographic Key Generation Algorithms*
*Affiliated with the University of Wolverhampton.
- Introductory Programming (2016-2017)
- Digital Communications (2016-2017)
- Electronic Design Project and Skills (2016-2017)
- Circuits Analysis and Design (2017-2018)
- Engineering Career Skills (2017-Current)
- Communication Principles and Systems (2018-Current)
- IEEE (Member)
- Higher Education Academy (Fellow)