Dr Petros Karadimas
- Lecturer in Glasgow College UESTC (Systems Power and Energy)
Dr. Petros Karadimas was born in Tripolis, Greece. He completed his Diploma (MEng) and PhD degrees in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Patras, Greece, in 2002 and 2008, respectively. In December 2009, he was appointed as a Research Fellow in the Centre for Wireless Network Design (CWIND) at the Department of Computer Science and Technology of University of Bedfordshire in UK. He was appointed as a Lecturer in Electronic Engineering in the same Department in October 2011, where he was promoted to Senior Lecturer in August 2015. In August 2016, he moved to the University of Glasgow, UK, as a Lecturer affiliated with the Glasgow College UESTC educational programs. His research interests include Wireless Channel Characterization, Multi-Antenna Wireless Systems, Physical Layer Wireless Security and Wireless Transceivers Performance. His research has been funded by major research councils and funding organizations including UK's EPSRC and CDE/DSTL.
1. May 2018 – April 2020: EPSRC (~253K GBP), “Bandwidth and Energy Efficient Compact Multi-Antenna Systems for Connected Autonomous Vehicles,” Principal Investigator
2. January 2016-March 2016: CDE/DSTL (~100K GBP), “Dynamic Cyber-Security Systems over Rapidly Time-Varying Vehicular Ad hoc Networks (VANETs),” Principal Investigator
- Yingke Huang - Optimized Antenna Arrays
For Prospective PhD Candidates:
The admission process for PhD Candidates is handled by the School's team for PhD research: (https://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/engineering/phdopportunities/).
In order to be admitted to my group, applicants have to apply first via the School's standard route: (https://www.gla.ac.uk/research/opportunities/howtoapplyforaresearchdegree/).
Once you have applied and you feel your expertise is aligned with my research interests, we will have to arrange an informal interview/conversation to further process your application.
- Introductory Programming
- Circuits Analysis and Design
- IEEE (Member)
- Higher Education Academy (Fellow)