Dr Onur Celik
- Research Associate (Systems Power & Energy)
Onur is a member of Space and Exploration Technologies Group and currently a Research Associate, leading the orbital dynamics theme in European Research Council funded SOLSPACE project (PI: Prof. Colin McInnes).
Onur's research interests are primarily in orbital dynamics and mission analysis, space systems engineering, planetary science and space-based solar power.
Professional activities & recognition
Prizes, awards & distinctions
- 2018: Emerging Space Leaders (International Astronautical Federation)
- 2018: Student Travel Support (Japan Geosciences Union (JpGU))
- 2016: SpaceMaster Prize (Cranfield University)
- 2015: Winner in Student Presentation Competition (Airbus Defence & Space UK)
- 2013: High Honour Medal in Graduation (Istanbul Technical University)
- 2016 - 2020: Monbusho PhD Fellowship (Japanese Government)
- 2013 - 2015: Erasmus Mundus International Masters Scholarship
- 2019 - 2020: SOKENDAI Student Dispatch Program
- 2016: Royal Observatory of Belgium Research Internship Scholarship