Dr Adetunmise Dada
- Research Associate (Electronic & Nanoscale Engineering)
Adetunmise Dada is a postdoctoral researcher in the Ultrafast Nonlinear Optics Research Group, School of Engineering, University of Glasgow. His past roles include Senior Research Associate within the Quantum Engineering Technology Labs (2016-2019) at the University of Bristol, and Research Associate in the Quantum Photonics Laboratory at Heriot-Watt University (2013 - 2016).
His background (PhD) is in experimental quantum optics, quantum signal detection, and high-dimensional quantum information. He has over 7 years of postdoctoral research experience in experimental quantum photonics engineering using quantum-dot-based on-demand single-photon sources as well as parametric sources of photon pairs.
- Quantum Optics & Quantum Information: Engineering novel sources of quantum states of light using both free space and integrated photonics, and development of novel implementations of quantum communication protocols.
- Quantum Measurements & Metrology: Design and development of measurement schemes for quantum states of light and their application to novel quantum metrology tasks.
- Shortwave Infrared (SWIR) Quantum Optics and Terahertz Photonics: Quantum optics communication in SWIR domain to enable daylight quantum communication; study of matter-mediated interaction between terahertz fields and quantum light.
01/12/2019 - 31/03/2021. EP/R511705/1 (PI): Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) Impact Acceleration Account (IAA). “Daylight quantum key distribution at 2 microns: a field test” (BroadDayQComm).
01/09/2009 - 01/02/2013. Scottish Funding Council. The Scottish Universities Physics Alliance (SUPA) Prize Ph.D. Studentship in Photonics.
Adetunmise has over 8 years of experience in assisting MSc- and PhD-student day-to-day supervision.
Assistant supervisor for:
- Resonance fluorescence from a telecom-wavelength quantum dot
- Strain-tunable quantum dot embedded in a nanowire antenna
Adetunmise has served as course tutor for SUPAENP (Experimental Nanophysics): SUPA (Scottish Universities Physics Alliance) Graduate School Course for 1st year PhD students (Winter/Spring 2014-2016), and as course demonstrator, grader and tutor for MSc Photonics Laboratory as well as undergraduate Mathematical Physics courses over several semesters between 2009 and 2015. He also conducted University of Bristol undergraduate (1st and 2nd year) physics workshops and small-group tutorials.
Professional activities & recognition
Prizes, awards & distinctions
- 2019: “Daylight quantum key distribution at 2 microns: a field test” (BroadDayQComm) (The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) Impact Acceleration Account (IAA) Award, University of Glasgow)
- 2013: Heriot-Watt University School of Engineering and Physical Sciences Ph.D. Thesis Prize (Heriot-Watt University)
- 2011: 2nd year Postgraduate Research Prize (Heriot-Watt University)
- 2010: 1st year Postgraduate Research Prize (Heriot-Watt University)
- 2009: SUPA Prize Ph.D. Studentship in Photonics (The Scottish Universities Physics Alliance (SUPA))
- 2012: SUPA AGM 2012 Poster Competition, First Prize (The Scottish Universities Physics Alliance (SUPA))
- 2011: SUSSP67 Summer School, University of Strathclyde Glasgow, Poster Prize (The Scottish Universities Physics Alliance (SUPA), SUSSP67 Committee)
- 2010: QuAmp/CQD Summer School, Imperial College London, Poster Prize (International Conference on Quantum, Atomic, Molecular and Plasma Physics (QuAMP) Committee)
- 2009: SUPA Prize Ph.D. Studentship in Photonics (Scottish Funding Council)
- 2009: EMMP award for the best academic performance in the graduating class (Erasmus Mundus)
- 2007: Erasmus Mundus Scholarship (European Commission)
- 2005: Faculty of Science Prize for the Best Student in the B.Sc. Final Year Examination (Obafemi Awolowo University)
- 2005: Professor Cyril Onwumechili Prize in Physics for the Best Overall Performance (Obafemi Awolowo University)
- 2005: Professor D. F. Ojo Prize in Thermodynamics (Obafemi Awolowo University)
- 1996: Merit Award for the First Best Student in the Junior Secondary School Certi�cate Examination in Lagos State, Nigeria (Lagos State Government of Nigeria)
Professional & learned societies
- 2018 - 2019: Member, Institute of Physics (IoP)
- 2011 - 2012: Member, American Physical Society (APS)
- 2009: Member, Quantum Information Scotland (QUISCO)
Selected international presentations
- 2020: 9TH EPS-QEOD EUROPHOTON VIRTUAL CONFERENCE (Czech National Library Prague, CZ)
- 2020: Bristol Quantum Information Technologies Workshop (University of Bristol, United Kingdom)
- 2018: PHOTON 2018 (Aston University, Birmingham, UK)
- 2017: International Conference on Optics of Excitons in Confined Systems (OECS 2017) (University of Bath, Bath, United Kingdom)
- 2016: International Conference on Quantum Dots (QD 2016) (Jeju, Korea)
- 2014: PHOTON 2014 (Imperial College, London, UK)
- 2011: International conference on Quantum Information Processing and Communication (QIPC) (ETH Zurich, Switzerland)
- 2011: International Conference on Quantum Information and Computation (ICQI)) (Stockholm, Sweden)
- 2010: The 17th Central European Workshop on Quantum Optics (CEWQO) (University of St. Andrews, UK)
Google Scholar Profile: https://scholar.google.co.uk/citations?user=rm332XQAAAAJ