We have moved to our new website. Please see our full news and updates on the meLAB website: www.melabresearch.com
meLAB News 2018
- Our LKAS PhD studentship has been shortlisted for funding. The meLAB invites applications for PhD position (any nationality) to make a contribution to our LKAS project titled: Magnetomyography (MMG) Sensors. More info: link
- The 27th IEEE Int Conference on Electronics Circuits and Systems (ICECS) 2020 will come to Glasgow! Looking forward to welcoming you all to Glasgow in 2020!
- The meLAB members organized a successful first edition of the UK Circuits and Systems (UKCAS) Workshop in Glasgow. The UKCAS workshop received a lot of positive feedback and the 2nd edition will be organized in University College London in November 2019.
- Our article titled "Wrist-worn gesture sensing with wearable intelligence" has been accepted for publication in the IEEE Sensors Journal.
- Delighted to receive the Distinguished Visiting Fellowships Award. Thanks to the Royal Academy of Engineering for their great support!
- Hadi completed his Asian tour by delivering talks at the IIT-Delhi (India), Bangladesh Agricultural University (Bangladesh) and University of Electronics Science and Technology of China (China).
- Our paper titled "Impact of hydrogen adsorption on the performance of a single electron transistor utilizing Fullerene quantum dots" has been accepted for publication in the ECS Journal of Solid State Science and Technology.
- Hadi gives an invited talk at the School of Engineering Colloquium of the Kiel University, Germany.
- Welcome to new meLAB PhD students: Asfand and Xiang! Looking forward to accelerating our research on neuromorphic chips and magnetoencephalography.
- Hadi presented 2 meLAB papers at the IEEE SENSORS 2018, New Delhi, India.
- Our project titled NEUROSENSE Network got funded by the Scottish Research Partnership in Engineering.
- Our article on magnetic radar sensing fusion has been accepted for publication in IEEE Sensors Journal.
- Our article has been featured on the cover of the November 2018 issue of the IEEE Electron Device Letters.
- Our new article entitled "Device Modelling of MgO-Barrier Tunnelling Magnetoresistors for Hybrid Spintronic-CMOS" has been accepted for publication in the IEEE Electron Device Letters.
- 6 papers from meLAB have been accepted for presentation at the 2018 IEEE Asia Pacific Conference on Postgraduate Research in Microelectronics and Electronics (PrimeAsia) in Chengdu, China. See you soon in China!
- Our paper titled "Reform and Practice of Analog Circuits" has been accepted to IEEE APCCAS 2018 (the 14th of the biennial Asia Pacific Conference on Circuits and Systems) in Chengdu, China.
- Our EPSRC IAA project, "PowerDrive: Power Management Chipsets for Sensing and Computing Subsystems in the Autonomous Vehicles" got funded. A great opportunity for meLAB to work with industrial partners towards commercialising the PMIC chipsets.
- Three papers from meLAB have been accepted to the IEEE DeSE 2018 Conference in Cambridge.
- Two papers from meLAB on Implantable Photovoltaic cells and Multimodal Sensing have been accepted to the IEEE SENSORS 2018. Well done Jinwei and Haobo!
- Dr Heidari will be the TPC Chair of the next IEEE PRIME Conference to be held on July 2019 in EPFL, Switzerland.
- Congratulations to Jinyu, Jingbo, Yuchi, Lina and Andreas for successful completion of their MSc Projects!
- Our £8.5M EU FET-Proactive H2020 project, Hybrid Enhanced Regenerative Medicine Systems, a 5 years programme got funded.
- Kaung paper titled "Power Management using Photovoltaic Cells for Implantable Devices" has been accepted for publication in the IEEE ACCESS Journal.
- Kaung presentation at the ISCAS 2018 is now live here:
- Our new article entitled "A 4-Channel 12-Bit High-Voltage Radiation-Hardened Digital-to-Analog Converter for Low Orbit Satellite Applications" has been accepted for publication in the IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers.
- Dr Heidari has been invited to The University of Transportation and Communications (UTC), Hanoi, Vietnam to present the meLAB research on the Power Management for the Sensing and Computing Subsystems in the Autonomous Vehicles.
- We had a great away day in the Scotland West Highland Way at the first anniversary of meLAB.
- Zhaochen paper titled "Magnetoresistive biosensors for on-chip detection and localisation of paramagnetic particles" has been accepted for publication in IEEE Journal of Electromagnetics, RF and Microwaves in Medicine and Biology.
- Our new paper titled: "Exploiting Smallest Error to Calibrate Non-linearity in successive approximation analogue-to-digital converter" has been accepted for publication in IEEE Access Journal.
- Congratulations to Siming for awarding the International CRC 1261 Fellowship on “Magnetoelectric Sensors” to visit the Kiel University, Germany.
- Two papers presented at the International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS) 2018 in Florence, Italy.
- Pleased to be part of ISCAS 2023 conference organisers in Monterey, California.
- Dr Heidari and Siming visit the Newcastle University to continue collaboration on Magnetomyography with the Intelligent Sensing laboratory.
- Dr Heidari visits the Aarhus University, Denmark, to establish a new collaboration with the Integrated Circuits and Electronics Lab.
- Congratulations to Kaung for getting the IEEE CASS Travel Award.
- Our joint collaboration paper with Newcastle University titled: "CMOS Magnetic Sensors for Wearable Magnetomyography", has been accepted for presentation at the 40th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC'18) to be held at the Honolulu, HI, the USA, July 17-21, 2018.
- Our paper titled: "On-Chip Counting and Localisation of Magnetite Pollution Nanoparticles", has been accepted for presentation at the 26th IEEE Iranian Conference on Electrical Engineering (ICEE2018).
- Dr Abbasi and Dr Heidari were awarded the Rewards for Excellence Prizes from the School of Engineering. Congratulations!
- Asfand got the EPSRC Scholarship to start his PhD in October 2018 in meLAB. Huge congrats Asfand!
- Our paper titled "Towards Highly Linear High-Resolution Successive Approximation Register ADCs for the Internet of Things" has been accepted for publication in the Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Letters.
- Our grant on Magnetic Neuromorphic Computing funded by Scottish Research Partnership in Engineering (SRPe).
- A paper has been accepted to Microwave and Radar Week (MIKON-2018 and Baltic URSI Symposium-2018). Congrats to Adnan!
- Our paper titled "Tuning the analogue and digital performance of Germanene nanoribbon field effect transistors with engineering the width and geometry of source, channel and drain region in the ballistic regime" has been accepted for publication to the Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing Journal.
- Dr Abbasi is a Co-recipient of the Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK) Award for Research Excellence 2017 on "Sensing the Human Skin for Medical Diagnostic and Prevention in Personalised Healthcare Applications", January 2018 to December 2019.
- Two papers from meLAB have been accepted for presentation in the International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS) 2018 in Florence, Italy.
- Dr Heidari becomes Editor of the Elsevier Microelectronics Journal.
meLAB News 2017
- Our paper titled "Magnetic Biosensors: modelling and simulation", from meLAB team accepted in the Biosensors and Bioelectronics.
- Paper from meLAB team accepted to the 2018 IEEE 9th Latin American Symposium on Circuits & Systems (LASCAS).
- Dr Heidari gives an invited talk at the Nanjing University of Science and Technology, China.
- Dr Heidari gives an invited talk at the Southeast University, China.
- Paper from meLAB team accepted in the IEEE Sensors Journal.
- Dr Heidari gives an invited talk at the Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan.
- IEEE Journal of Electromagnetics, RF and Microwaves in Medicine and Biology will publish our Special Issue on the Selected Papers of 2017 IEEE Sensors Conference.
- Congratulations to Xiangpeng for his graduation in Master of Science in Mechatronics with distinction.
- Congratulations to Ryan (Dadong Shang), our excellent undergraduate student in the meLAB who was awarded the GU68 Trust Fund.
- Dr Abbasi delivered an invited talk on THz sensing and its biomedical applications in UniMap, Malaysia.
- Dr Abbasi delivered an invited talk on Extremely Low Profile Flexible Antenna for Medical Body Area Networks. In: 2017 IEEE Asia Pacific Microwave Conference (APMC2017), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Our "Magnetic Sensing Systems for Biomedical Applications" Special Issue is considering manuscripts for IEEE Sensors Journal. Submit your paper before 31st January 2018.
- Our Special Session on "Wearable Microelectronic Circuits and Systems" has been accepted for ISCAS 2018.
- Our paper accepted in 9th International Conference on Environmental Science and Development-ICESD 2018.
- Our paper accepted for publication in IEEE Sensors Letters.
- Dr Abbasi delivered a talk on 5G antenna design and 5G smart campus in Huwaei Head office, Shenzen, China.
- Dr Abbasi delivered a talk on Wearables and Implants at Shenzen University, Antenna Key Lab, Shenzen, China.
- Dr Abbasi delivered a talk on Future with Wearable’s: Downscaling to Nano-Scale at SiChuan University, Chengdu, China.
- Project on Magneto-Optical Air Pollution Monitoring System funded by Glasgow Exchange Knowledge Fund.
- Special Issue "Smart Packaging" being co-edited at the Sensors Journal.
- Welcome to Adnan, Asfa, d and Naeem to join the meLAB.
- Two Travel Scholarships awarded from IEEE Circuits and Systems Society.
- Paper presented at the New Generation of Circuits and Systems Conference (NGCAS), Genova, Italy.
- Special Issue "Wearable Wireless Devices" being co-edited at the Applied Science Journal.
- meLAB group organised the 2nd UK-China Emerging Technologies (UCET) workshop at the University of Glasgow.
- Project on Magnetic-based Air Pollution Monitoring Systems in collaboration with UESTC funded by NFSC, China.
- Xiangpeng awarded CASS Travel Grant for NGCAS Conference.
- 3 papers accepted to the 2017 IEEE SENSORS Conference, Glasgow, UK.
- Xiangpeng paper accepted to the New Generation of Circuits and Systems Conference (NGCAS), Genova, Italy.
- Dr Heidari presented an invited talk at the Xi'an Jiaotong University, Shaanxi Sheng, China.
- Paper accepted in Applied Physics Reviews.
- Dr Heidari visited Silergy Corporation, Shanghai, China.
- Dr Heidari visited and presented a talk at Mirco Tera Company, Changsha, Hunan, China.
- Paper accepted in IEEE Transaction of Electron Device.
- Paper accepted in ISCAS 2016 Conference, Baltimore, USA.
- Dr Heidari elevated to IEEE Senior Member.
- Dr Heidari becomes member of IEEE Sensors Council Administrative Committee, representing IEEE Young Professional Programme.
meLAB News 2016
Nov 2016: Special session proposal on “Wearable Sensing Systems” accepted for inclusion in the technical program of IEEE ISCAS 2017, Baltimore, USA.
July 2016: Dr Heidari appointed as Lecturer in Electronics and Nanoscale Engineering at the University of Glasgow, UK.
June 2016: Dr Heidari presented a talk at McGill University, Montreal, for a short research visiting.