Call for Papers. The 1st International Workshop on Healthcare with Intelligent Sensing, System and Data (HISSD 2018)
Issued: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 02:00:00 BST
Call for papers
Scope and topics
As health systems are under pressure due to aging population and the incidence of various health conditions, intelligent technology can provide innovative products, services, and processes to enable people to be active, healthy, and independent for longer period of time.
The objective of the workshop is to bring together multidisciplinary contributors among academic and industrial researchers in the field of sensing, communication, machine learning, human-centred design, and healthcare providers to identify, discuss and present technical challenges and recent results/developments related to the human activity sensing, recognition and its applications, and other monitoring devices/systems for healthcare.
Despite being a very multidisciplinary area, expertise and opportunities for academic exchanges are often sectorial and limited to specific aspects of the whole scenario, like the sensor or the data processing. On the contrary, in this workshop we aim to bring together a diverse audience with a mixture of backgrounds related to the general field of sensing, systems, and data for healthcare, to foster interaction and promotion of new approaches.
Topics include but are not limited to
- SENSING: the characterisation, usage, intercommunication and networking of various sensing technologies used for healthcare (ambient sensors, wearables, image and depth sensors, radar and radio-frequency sensors, smartphones and appliances or daily-life objects as sensors).
- APPLICATIONS: the many uses to support healthcare (activity of daily living classification, fall detection, behaviour and social activities analysis, emotional status recognition, health state and parameters prediction, remote monitoring and diagnosis).
- DATA: the techniques to collect and manage data in the healthcare context (large scale data collection, labelling, validation; data mining; data fusion and multimodal sensing).
- SYSTEMS: the overall platforms and architectures supporting healthcare, including e-health and smart monitoring homes and systems, assisted living platforms, e-health and mobile health technologies.
Submission guidelines and important deadlines
Authors can submit a 4-6 pages long paper, following the template and guidelines of the IEEE Computer Society available at http://cyber-science.org/2018/paper-submission.html.
All accepted papers will be published in an IEEE Computer Society proceedings (EI indexed). At least one author must register and present the work. Papers that are not presented will be removed from the IEEE proceedings. Excellent papers will be selected and invited for extension and publication in special issues of prestigious journals (SCI/EI indexed).
- Paper submission due: April 30, 2018
- Acceptance notification: May 20, 2018
- Camera-ready manuscript: June 15, 2018
- Dr Wasim Ahmad, University of Glasgow, UK (email@example.com)
- Dr Francesco Fioranelli, University of Glasgow, UK (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr Susanna Spinsante, Università Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona, Italy (email@example.com)
- Dr Bo Tan, University of Coventry, UK (firstname.lastname@example.org)