GLASGOW DENTAL SCHOOL, BACHELOR OF DENTAL SURGERY
Our Interviews have been scheduled to take place on Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd February 2019. These are the only two scheduled dates and they cannot be changed.
All candidates will receive notification of our decisions via UCAS track, those invited to interview should note the following information.
Venue and Travel
Wolfson Medical School
University Avenue, Glasgow, G12 8QQ
Travel directions and campus maps can be found at www.glasgow.ac.uk/about/maps/
Please look at the Gilmourhill Campus map.
Format and Process
Multiple Mini Interviews (MMIs) are designed to test the characteristics detailed in our BDS Person Specification - 2019 Entry
All necessary instructions and guidance will be given on the day (we know candidates may be nervous and are there to help) but to give you a guide as to what candidates can expect:
- The interview session will last approximately 45 minutes.
- There will be 7 stations, each allocated 6 minutes.
- The stations will consist of role play, discussion or practical tasks.
- Reading time for instructions will be given prior to the start of each station and the instructions are available within the station for reference. Any candidate who requires assistance with reading can ask the Assessor to re-read the instructions to them at any point.
- At the end of the interview, candidates will be escorted from the interview area and are asked to leave promptly as there will be other candidates waiting.
A mock station for the MMI can be viewed on our “Be a Dentist” app available on Google Play and the App Store. (Press apply/application/MMIS).
Candidates who have a visual or hearing impairment, mental health difficulty, physical, mobility or other disability that we need to know about prior to interview, please email email@example.com by 31st December 2019 so that modifications/support can be arranged.
Applicants who have indicated in their UCAS application that they require the use of a reading aid should bring this with them and they will be permitted to use this during the MMI. Due to the range of aids that may be needed, we are unable to supply these.
The dress code for the day should be smart.
To allow us to check all your paperwork, the interview will commence 1 hour after your stated arrival time. You should expect to be with us for a minimum of 2 hours. Please enter the building by the main entrance on University Avenue and proceed to the registration desk in the foyer.
You must bring the following information to selection interview:
- Any original school of university examination certificates already in your possession
- A passport sized photograph of yourself for record purposes. Please put your name on the back.
- Your original birth certificate and passport (if available). If you do not have a passport please bring your original birth certificate and alternative photographic ID e.g. drivers licence.
- Equal Opportunities Monitoring form
- UKCAT Data Use Agreement
- Signed Code of Professional Conduct and Fitness to Practice
- Signed Dress Code
- Signed Fitness to Practice for Dental School Council consent form
The Dental School normally processes decisions on the UCAS Track Service by 31st March. All offers made are conditional on candidates achieving academic qualifications, satisfactory police and health checks.
Candidates are encouraged to submit feedback to help develop the candidate experience and a feedback survey will be emailed to all interviewees. This is completely anonymised and has no bearing on interview results.