email - 2283151B@student.gla.ac.uk
I will use Shakespeare’s Hamlet as a lens through which to explore toxic masculinity and female complicity in genre communities. Exploring Hal Duncan’s concept of the fratriarchy, I will produce a series of essays and a novel exploring these areas, as well as how genre works have tackled the issue of alt-right movements.
Fiction and Poetry (Selected works)
- ‘Telling Stories’ - The Dark #43 (December 2018)
- ‘The Anniversary’ - Black Static #61 (November/December 2017)
- ‘Good Boy’ - Pseudopod 549: Flash On The Borderlands XXXVIII: Letting Go (originally printed in Far Horizons, January 2015) (June 2017)
- ‘Picture, of a Winter Afternoon’ – Thirty Years of Rain (Taverna Press) (October 2016)
- ‘The love of a season’ – Winter Tales (Fox Spirit Books) (February 2016)
- ‘Dame Ammonia Dastardly-Truste’s Evil Genius College For Ladies, Class of 2013:
- Graduation speech [Transcription]’ – Fox Pockets: Evil Genius Guide (Fox Spirit Books) (2016)
- ‘The Honey Trap’ – Digital Dreams (NewCon Press, originally printed in La Femme, NewCon Press, 2014) (January 2016)
- ‘Noise and Sparks’ columns, Shoreline of Infinity, 2016–
- ‘Conference Report: Glasgow International Fantasy Conversations (April 26-27, 2018)’, in Fantastika, 3:1, 90-4.
Grants & Awards
- British Science Fiction Association (BSFA) Award for Best Non-fiction – shortlisted 2019;
- British Fantasy Award for Best Short Story – shortlisted 2018;
- British Science Fiction Association (BSFA) Award for Best Short Story – winner 2015.
- Island Dynamics: Darkness (Svalbard, 2019), Follycon: Eastercon 2018, GIFCon 2018, Worldcon 75 (Helsinki, 2017), GIFCon 2017.
- Organizational committee (including 18 months as Social Media Manager), Glasgow International Fantasy Conversations (GIFCon) 2016-;
- Programme Committee Guest of Honour Liaison, Ytterbium (Eastercon 2019);
- From Glasgow to Saturn Editorial Committee (November 2017-November 2018).
- Columnist, Shoreline of Infinity.