email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Research title: “In illness, with the police off duty”: Virginia Woolf and the Aesthetics of the Institution
My work seeks to theorise institutional power in Virginia Woolf’s late writing through critical idioms established by Continental philosophers including Deleuze and Guattari, Rancière, and Foucault.
Woolf’s writing is never apolitical but my work contends that her later works imagine ways out of the strictures of institutional power structures, drawing lines of flight that trace pathways to more sustainable, more equitable futures.
Grants & Awards
- College of Arts Scholarship
- College of Arts Research Support Award: 2018-19: £300 travel grant to present at the 29th Annual International Virginia Woolf Conference in Cincinnati, Ohio
- New Work in Modernist Studies (2019)
- University of Glasgow Textual Editing Lab launch (2019)
- 29th Annual International Virginia Woolf Conference (2019): Woolf and Social Justice
- Year’s Work in English Studies: Section Contributor for Virginia Woolf (2019 onwards)
- University of Glasgow Textual Editing Lab member