About the positions
Who are we looking for?
With the exception of the Chair in Cybersecurity, all other posts are available at Lecturer or Senior Lecturer/Reader (equivalent to Assistant or Associate Professor), subject to eligibility.
We welcome applications from exceptional individuals who are delivering the highest quality research that match our priority areas.
For Grade 7 or 8 (lecturer), we believe the following attributes are important:
|Research Excellence||An emerging track record of outstanding research and potential to deliver impact. Shows a strong awareness of the international context of the research and starting to show evidence of recognition in the community on an international scale.|
|Setting the research agenda||Evidence of showing influence within the research community and evidence of pushing the boundaries of your research area.|
|Strategic Vision||Has some experience in identifying, exploring and developing research opportunities. An awareness of how to position yourself to take up these opportunities and an ability to make decisions to deliver your vision.|
|Profile and Influence||Shows potential and aptitude to act as an ambassador and advocate for your research area.|
|Inspirational||Ability to lead and inspire your own research team. Has the ability to inspire undergraduate and postgraduate students.|
|Communication and engagement skills||Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills.|
|Teaching||Demonstrate a passion for educating undergraduate and postgraduate students using innovative methods of delivery and engagement.|
Please note that this is only a guide. A more detailed job description for each post can be found on the vacancies web site (see How to Apply below), including the criteria required for Grade 9 Senior Lecturer/Reader.
Successful candidates appointed at Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Reader will be provided with a comprehensive package of support to ensure that they can establish their academic activities quickly and effectively:
- for early career academic staff, you will be assigned an experienced academic mentor and provided with support to develop your academic skills through the University’s Early Career Development Programme (www.gla.ac.uk/services/humanresources/all/pay/ecdp/policy/);
- a £20k start-up financial support package to be used over two years;
- a fully funded studentship (Home fees and stipend) will be allocated to early career staff within two to three years of appointment .
How to apply
Professor of Cybersecurity - 051386 - preliminary enquiries to Mrs Tracey Aydogan, Head of International and Academic Recruitment, Tel 0141 330 2481, email Tracey.Aydogan@glasgow.ac.uk
Applications should be made online at the relevant application link below for all other vacancies:
- Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Reader in Healthcare Technologies - 051206
- Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Reader in Low Carbon & Sustainable Computing - 050570
- Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Reader in Machine Learning - 050566
- Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Reader in Responsible and Interactive Artificial Intelligence - 051205
- Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Reader in Socially Intelligent Technologies - 050725
- Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Reader in Software Engineering - 050567
- Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Reader in Systems - 054706
Please note that as part of your application you must supply the following documents appended to your cover letter. A failure to do this may mean that you are not shortlisted for interview.
(i) A point-by-point summary indicating how you meet the essential and desirable criteria listed in the job description. This must address and demonstrate how you meet EACH of the essential / desirable criteria, e.g., “A1: I graduated with a PhD in Computing Science, specialising in the area of X, from the University of Y in 2010.”
(ii) A one-page research statement outlining your vision for research, together with a link to your Google scholar page.
(iii) A one-page teaching statement outlining what you think matters for teaching.
For informal enquiries, please contact the person identified under each of the priority areas.