Office: Lilybank Gardens, Room M101
Telephone: +44 141 330 6056
Personal Site: http://www.mariaevangelopoulou.com/
Maria Evangelopoulou is currently a PhD candidate and has been recently appointed to a Lecturing position (Lecturer in the Cyber Security Fundamentals course and also involved in the Networks and Operating Systems course) as part of the Learning, Teaching and Scholarship track. She was previously an academic staff member, a Research Assistant and transitioned to Associate working on a FP7 project on transport safety and moved forward with a joint project with FAA and US Navy about identifying vulnerabilities and visualisation techniques of cyber security incidents in aviation. She was a Principal Investigator with UK nuclear industries investigating Cyber security issues and Forensic techniques on ICS/SCADA systems. Generally, Maria's research interests cover different aspects on cyber security and she aspires to expand her expertise and grow her cyber perspective. Generally, Maria's current research is concerned with the investigation of Cyber Situation Awareness Methods and Techniques in Cloud Networks and other kind of systems.
- Cyber security & Cyber Situation Awareness (CyberSA)
- Cyber Security in Industrial Control Systems (ICS)
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention
- Threat Intelligence and threat hunting
- Digital Forensics
- Machine Learning
1) Johnson, C. W., Evangelopoulou, M. and Pavlova, T. (2017) Applying Lessons from Cyber Attacks on Ukrainian Infrastructures to Secure Gateways onto the Industrial Internet of Things. Proceedings 35th International System Safety Conference, Albuquerque, NM, USA, 21-25 Aug 2017.
2) Johnson, C. W., Saleem, M. H., Evangelopoulou, M., Cook, M., Harkness, R. and Barker, T. (2017) Defending Against Firmware Cyber Attacks on Safety-Critical Systems. Proceedings 35th International System Safety Conference, Albuquerque, NM, USA, 21-25 Aug 2017.
3) Johnson, C. W., Harkness, R., and Evangelopoulou, M. (2016) Forensic Attacks Analysis and the Cyber Security of Safety-Critical Industrial Control Systems. In: 34th International System Safety Conference, Orlanda, FL, USA, 8-12 Aug 2016.
4) Johnson, C. W. and Evangelopoulou, M. (2015) Empirical framework for situation awareness measurement techniques in network defense. Proceedings of CyberSA2015, London, UK, 8-9 June 2015. (doi:10.1109/CyberSA.2015.7166132).
5) He, Y., Johnson, C., Evangelopoulou, M., and Lin, Z. (2014) Diagraming approach to structure the security lessons: evaluation using cognitive dimensions. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 8564, pp. 216-217. (doi:10.1007/978-3-319-08593-7_19).
6) Evangelopoulou, M., and Johnson, C. W. (2014) Implementation of Safety Techniques in a Cyber Domain. SIN 2014: 7th International Conference on Security of Information and Networks, Glasgow, UK, 09-11 Sep 2014. pp. 261-263. ISBN 9781450330336 (doi:10.1145/2659651.2659740).
7) Evangelopoulou, M., and Johnson, C.W. (2014) Attack visualisation for cyber-security situation awareness. In: 9th IET International Conference on System Safety and Cyber Security, Manchester, England, 15-16 Oct 2014, pp. 1-6. ISBN 9781849199407.