Excellence bursaries for postgraduate research
The School of Computing Science is delighted to announce the introduction of several international and home/EU excellence bursaries for postgraduate research students.
These new bursaries are designed to attract talented students to join our world leading Research sections, working on new and challenging problems in computer science. These are fee scholarships, hence the value of the bursary will be reduced from the tuition fee payable to the University.
These bursaries are open to both home/EU and international applicants.
- have an excellent undergraduate degree with Honours in Computer Science
- provide information on any other relevant experience or skills you have which are relevant to a postgraduate research degree
- *follow the postgraduate research application process, www.gla.ac.uk/research/opportunities/howtoapplyforaresearchdegree/
- *enclose 2 reference letters and a Research Plan describing what you would like to work on
- enclose a cover letter with your application outlining your motivation for applying for this scheme and your proposed supervisor
You must be available to commence academic studies in the UK by 1st January 2020.
16th August 2019
*Any candidate who has been accepted for a postgraduate taught Masters programme in the School commencing 2019-20 and who wishes to transfer to a research programme need only submit a research plan and one additional reference (no need to submit a separate postgraduate research application). If successful, an amended offer for PGR admission will be made.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application for an excellence bursary in early to mid September.
Home/EU - standard tuition fee @ £4,327 per annum (2019-20) (3 years)
International students - £10k per annum (3 years)
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com