- Raymond Boyle (Chair and Research Convenor)
- Jeanette Berrie (Clerk to the Committee and Research Administrator)
- John Butt (Music)
- Clare Willsdon (History of Art)
- Raymond Boyle (CCPR)
- Carl Lavery (Theatre Studies)
- David Martin-Jones (Film & TV) -
- Frances Lennard - School Impact Champion
- Anika Marschall - School Research Postgraduate Representative
The Remit of the Research Committee
- 1 Staff Representative from each of the subject areas within the school: Music; History of Art; Film & TV, Theatre Studies and CCPR
- Chaired by: School Research Convenor
- Minutes: School Research Administrator
- To meet: three times per semester
The school research committee has three related roles:
The research committee will act as a forum to envision and generate strategic research across the school and seeks to foster a school-wide research culture. It will take the lead in organising a number of school-focused research activities.
The research committee serves as a channel for communication between the College Research Committee and the School. Research activity from within the School (grant successes, research seminars etc.) will be recorded and advertised by the committee in the minutes.
At the start of each academic year the school will commit a specified amount from consumables, per staff FTE (research active). This fund will be distributed by application to the Research Committee. Individual staff across the school may apply for funds related to research based/driven activities. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Conference attendance (normally to present a paper)
- Archive visits
- Networking events, both based here at GU and - where compelling evidence is presented - to attend networking opportunities elsewhere
A template for applications is provided on the School website. Applications should be forwarded to both the convenor and administrator before the regular advertised meetings of the Research Committee. The committee will expect a report and confirmation on funds spent.
Applicants are encouraged to apply to other internal and external funds where feasible and appropriate. Applications to the School may identify their request as a supplement to these funds where necessary.
Research funding for staff
How to Apply
- Please read the Criteria for Research Committee Funding
- Apply for research funds by filling in the form: Application for Research Funding Form
- Please send to Jeanette Berrie and Raymond Boyle by the Friday before the next Research Committee Meeting.
- Please complete your outcome report on funding by 1st October: Research Award Report
Dates of 2017 - 18 Research Committee Meetings
- Wednesday 4th October 2017
- Wednesday 1st November 2017
- Wednesday 6th December 2017
- Wednesday 24th January 2018
- Wednesday 7th March 2018
- Wednesday 9th May 2018
Deadlines for Staff Research Funding
- Friday 22nd September 2017
- Friday 20th October 2017
- Friday 24th November 2017
- Monday 12th January 2018
- Friday 23rd February 2018
- Friday 27th April 2018
PLEASE NOTE THAT NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED IF RECEIVED AFTER THESE DEADLINES. ANY LATE APPLICATION WILL BE DEFERRED TO THE NEXT AVAILABLE MEETING.