SCMH Induction portal
- GUID Registration Service: get your GUID and a temporary password
Even if you already know your GUID, you still need to register here before you can use it.
- Students: what you can do with your GUID
Your GUID is your student number followed by the first letter of your surname.
Your password is known only to you. Do not share it with anyone!
Find out where you can use your GUID here: https://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/it/guid/#students:whatyoucandowithyourguid
You'll be provided with a Campus Card upon starting your role – please visit the Welcome Desk at the University Library with proof of your staff status to collect it. This service is available 9:30am-4:30pm (weekdays) and 1:30pm-4:30pm (weekends during semester and Saturdays only, outwith this).
Campus Cards for most students will be posted throughout September to the UK Term Address that you enter during registration, so it is important that your address is entered accurately.
You must upload a passport-style photograph which will be used to generate your Campus Card.
Once you have your University ID Card this will need to be further activated for our building.
This form must be completed in full, for your card to be activated, incomplete forms may result in delays
Please submit the completed form to the janitor at the GCRC (BHF) reception.
Staff and Postgraduate Researchers
In line with Scottish Government guidance, our default position is that staff should continue to work from home where possible. As the semester begins, we understand that there will be increasing requirements to return to work from campus on an ad hoc or ongoing basis.
If you are returning to the GCRC (BHF) Building you must:
- Email you access requirements to the Head of Administration – Ms Jillian Blair (email)
- All members coming to the school must read GCRC Return to Work and sign-return the Return to work checklist
- All members coming onto campus under any circumstances must have completed the “Return to Campus” Moodle course.
- All visitors to buildings must use the sign in and out books and will only be authorised to access buildings that have been signed off as open under Phase 3.
UofG guide for staff returning to campus: University of Glasgow - MyGlasgow - Human Resources - Coronavirus Information for Staff
UofG guide for students returning to campus: https://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/news/coronavirus/uofgcommunity/guides/recoveryguides/studentguide/
All visitors must:
- Be reported by their host to Ms Jillian Blair (email) prior to their arrival. They will be placed on our building access list which can take up to 24 hours to update.
- Safety arrangements must be made for visitors and those hosting them must ensure that they are clear on the COVID-19 arrangements for the building and campus.
COVID signage on campus
- Complete the sign in/out book at reception upon each visit.