Tenovus Scotland - Supporting Medical Research
The Strathclyde branch of Tenovus Scotland invites applications for Small Project Grants (up to £20,000).
Closing Dates for applications: 15th February and 15th September 2022
These grants support pump priming research studies of up to 2 year’s duration.
- Preference is given to:
- Preliminary pump priming studies, which are thought likely to lead to subsequent funding from major grant-giving bodies
- Innovative patient-related projects
- Early career investigators
- Applications from investigators lacking other substantive support in the early stages of a new project
- Recent recruits
- New collaborations between established investigators
- Applications which are not properly certificated
- Applications for work that will be conducted outside the West of Scotland
- Partial funding for projects supported by other grant funds
- Applications that fail to provide evidence of appropriate ethical permission, or statistical justification for sample/cohort sizes (where appropriate)
- Equipment for routine patient care or for assessment of new products, which the manufacturer might be expected to finance
- Applications from established investigators for work within their usual field of expertise
- Applications from PhD students
- Applications for follow-on work previously funded by Tenovus Scotland, except in exceptional circumstances
- While Tenovus Scotland is keen to receive applications from postdoctoral researchers, these require clear support from their current supervisor (usually as co-applicants).
- It is important that the principal investigator has tenure of contract for the duration of the award. In occasional cases where this is not the case, the nominated co-applicant who will substitute as principal investigator must be clearly identified
- The proposed start date and project duration should be clearly indicated on the application form
- Support is mainly provided for running costs, although support for equipment specifically for the proposed research may be considered. Salary support is not usually available for Pilot grants
- All applications will be submitted to detailed peer review
Grant application forms available from:
Mrs S Ogden
Tenovus Scotland- Strathclyde.
First published: 26 January 2022