Postgraduate taught ceilidhs
Dates: To be confirmed
Times: 7pm to Midnight
Venue: Hilton Byres Road (1-9 Grosvenor Terrace, Glasgow, G12 0TA)
Registration: You will be contacted by your administrator with information on how to register for a ticket before the event
As well as the two extravaganza balls we hold for all postgraduate students, we also arrange subject area ceilidhs which gives you the opportunity to engage with your classmates and take part in our traditional Scottish ceilidh dancing. There will be an evening for Accounting & Finance students, one for Economics students and one for Management students.
Share your photos and videos on social media using #ASBSceilidh.
What our past students say
Our traditional Scottish ceilidhs are a lot of fun and is a great way to interact with students and staff within your subject area. Here is what our past students had to say about the ceilidhs they've attended: -
- This is an excellent opportunity to experience some Scottish culture.
- It is a great experiment for me to learn more about the culture of Scotland.
- I enjoyed the ceilidh as it was the last time with my new friends and professors.
- The ceilidh showed me how Scottish music and traditional dancing are enjoyable and why Scottish people proud of them - I am proud of them too.
- I enjoyed the pure happiness of the dancing very much.
- This is a good way to gather together. As the MAcc programme has so many students these activities provided us with the opportunity to let us get to know each other.
- Attending the ceilidh is an unforgettable memory of my experience studying at the University of Glasgow and is an opportunity to unite with classmates.