Career Accelerator Certificate Online (CAC)
CAREER ACCELERATOR CERTIFICATE ONLINE (CAC)
Dates: During Semester 1
Venue: This an online certificate
Registration: register for an induction online https://glasgow.targetconnect.net/leap/event.html?id=4915&service=Careers+Service
What is this certificate about?
The Career Accelerator Certificate (CAC) is a career development programme which has been designed to help you develop the key career management skills required to succeed in the graduate jobs market, regardless of whether you are seeking to find employment in the UK or elsewhere after graduation.
It is an online, interactive programme with optional classes that you can register to attend. This flexible approach allows you to fit career learning around your workload.
What are the benefits of taking part?
Taking part in the CAC will help you to develop
- your own self-awareness of your strengths, values, interests and personality and how this can help when making career decisions and applying for job roles
- an awareness of the opportunities available to you after graduation
- your knowledge of how to market yourself to employers including how to write a CV and how to succeed in interviews
What will happen during this programme?
During the programme, you will engage in learning activities based around the following five themes:
- Opportunity Awareness
- Decision Making
- Applications and
- Action Planning and Goal Setting
You will also have the opportunity to take part in optional classes including:
- Strength Discovery
- Using networks and mentoring
- Interview Techniques Class
- Mock Assessment Centre
Students who plan to return home to China to work after graduation have the option to attend a pre-work training program from LockIN China (Beijing) which will be delivered on campus.
Who is leading this programme?
The program is run by Gail Angus, the Careers Manager for the Adam Smith Business School.