Office: Room 612, Adam Smith Building
Research title: Moral Agency and Wider Institutional Factors in Workplace Safety Practices
Title: Moral Agency and Wider Institutional Factors in Workplace Health and Safety Practices
Summary: My research investigates owner-manager moral agency in workplace safety practices. It focusses on the safety situation in Bangladeshi apparel factories and the wider institutional factors linked to global supply chains.
1. Ahmed, J. U., Ahmed, I. and Chowdhury, M. F. (2017), Ferdous custom made tailors fabrics fashions: New challenges ahead. Asia-Pacific Journal of Management Research and Innovation, 12(2), 177-183.
2. Haque, H. M. J. and Chowdhury, M. F. (2017), Employer expectations regarding graduate applicants during job interview. International Journal of Bangladesh Society for Human Resource Management, 1(1), 19-36.
3. Ahmed, J. U., Nisha, N. and Chowdhury, M. F. (2016), Driving sales through disintermediation approach: A case of RFL Plastics Limited in Bangladesh. International Journal of Supply Chain and Operations Resilience, 2(4). 345-357.
4. Chowdhury, M. F. (2016), Is OHS negligence and evasion an “error of judgement” or “white-collar crime”? An interpretation of apparel manufacturers in Bangladesh. Journal of Media Critiques, 2(8), 41-56.
5. Chowdhury, M. F. and Tanim, T. R. (2016), Industrial accidents in Bangladesh apparel manufacturing sector: An analysis of the two most deadliest accidents in history. Asian Journal of Social Sciences and Management Studies, 3(2), 115-126.
6. Ali, H. and Chowdhury, M. F. (2015), Positivism in understanding the contemporary social world: A critical discussion. Journal of Studies in Social Science, 11(2), 215-232.
7. Chowdhury, M. F. (2015), Coding, sorting and sifting of qualitative data analysis: Debates and discussions. Quality and Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, 49(3), 1135-1143.
8. Chowdhury, M. F. (2014), Managing emotional labour in service encounters in healthcare occupation in Bangladesh. Journal of Human Resource and Sustainability Studies, 2(4), 215-223.
9. Chowdhury, M. F. (2014), Interpretivism in aiding our understanding of the contemporary social world. Open Journal of Philosophy, 4(3), 432-438.
10. Chowdhury, M. F. (2014), Deterrence theory and labelling of industrial accidents as white-collar crime in Bangladesh apparel industry: An epistemological standpoint. Perspectives of Innovations, Economics and Business, 14(2), 69-82.
11. Firoz, F. and Chowdhury, M. F. (2013), Role of first line manager: Strategic leadership in implementing successful PMS. Asian Business Review, 2(1), 7-12.
12. Chowdhury, M. F. and Chowdhury, T. (2012), Recruiting right for Bangladesh Police: Discovering options to acquire the untapped resources. Journal of Business and Economics, 3(3), 222-233.
13. Chowdhury, M. F. (2011), Performance management practices in organisations operating in Bangladesh: A deeper examination. World Review of Business Research, 1(2), 153-167.
14. Chowdhury, M. F. (2011) Emergence of the knowledge economy and knowledge management and their importance in the talent acquisition front. AIUB Journal of Business and Economics, 10(1-2), 111-128.
15. Chowdhury, M. F. (2010) Importance of knowledge management and knowledge economy in talent acquisition. The Business Review, 1(2), 81-99.
1. Chowdhury, M. F. (2016) Review of the book ‘Do We Need HR? Repositioning People Management for Success’, by P. Sparrow, M. Hird, and C. Cooper (2015), Palgrave Macmillan, England. Reviewed in Employee Relations: The International Journal, 38(2), 304-306.
1. College of Social Science PhD Scholarship, University of Glasgow
2. Seed Corn funding for primary research, Adam Smith Business School, University of Glasgow
1. Chowdhury, M. F. (2016), Is OHS negligence and evasion an ‘error of judge-ment’ or ‘white-collar crime’? An interpretation of the apparel manufacturers in Bangladesh. Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Communica-tion and Management, Communication Institute of Greece, Athens. 9-10 May.
2. Chowdhury, M. F. (2011) Operation recruitment and retention: Discovering the HR revolution needed in Bangladesh police. Proceedings of the 11th South Asian Management Forum 2011, Association of Management Development Institutions in South Asia (AMDISA), SAARC, Kathmandu, Nepal. 16-18 May.
3. Chowdhury, M. F. (2011) Bleak house or bright future: Performance manage-ment in Bangladeshi organisations. Proceedings of the Asia-Pacific Business Research Conference 2011, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. 21-22 February.
4. Chowdhury, M. F. (2008) Emergence of knowledge economy and knowledge management. Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Business Challenges and Strategies in Emerging Global Scenario, Punjab College of Technical Education, Punjab, India. 30-31 May.
Adjunct Lecturer and GTA, Adam Smith Business School
- Organisational Behaviour
- Fundamentals of Human Resource Management
- Contemporary Issues in Human Resource