Student Advising Team
The Advising Team is a service exclusively for Adam Smith Business School students. Our 3 Student Advisers are here to help you be and feel your best, academically, socially and emotionally.
- You can speak to us for advice and support on any issues you might be having in 1-to-1 appointments (online or face-to-face, as restrictions allow)
- Wellbeing & Personal Support appointments are available with Louise Walker or Stephen Fiddes
- Study Skills appointments are available with Andrew Buchan
Here's what some of some of our students have said about our 1-to-1 appointments:
- “I honestly do not have the words to express how amazing this service is. Not only on my studying skills, and preparation, it has also been extremely beneficial to my mental health”
- “I found the setting and the advisor to be excellent, clearly knowledgeable and generous in the time and patience he extended to me so I could share difficult and sensitive information that they was able to turn into worthwhile and tangible advice”
- “The service was excellent and the advisor I met with was very, very helpful.”
Developing your skills
You can learn how to learn effectively and develop the ways you have of maintaining and strengthening your wellbeing through our skills development programmes.
For 2021/22 we are launching 2 new programmes:
- Evidence-Based Study Skills: Study Smarter, Not Harder – an online course to help you study smarter, not harder, through using the most effective evidence-based study skills tactics.
- Ways To Wellbeing – a course designed to help you measure and improve your wellbeing through activities that encourage you to Take Notice, Be Active, Connect, Keep Learning and Give.
These programmes can be completed as part of the Business School's Graduate Award programme.
Here's what some of our students have said about the workshops on our skills development programmes:
- “It was very motivational and useful, and the trainer was also very enthusiastic and encouraging”
- “Really lovely delivery, very comprehensive and educational"
- “I found the session extremely helpful, I have been able to formulate a good plan for studying ensuring my well-being was prioritised!”