Drawing upon the resources and contacts of both the School of Interdisciplinary Studies and the Adam Smith Business School, ESSAM will be led by Dr Javier Yanez-Arenas, the Director of the Glasgow MBA.
Transform your future
An exciting, challenging and engaging programme awaits our 2019 participants:
- A core based around development and growth at the regional, industry & business level
- A choice of 3 electives around a theme of entrepreneurship & innovation
- Work with local enterprises on a consultancy project
- A Scottish cultural programme
Dumfries and Galloway region provides a challenging backdrop for an explorative, productive and intensive summer school. The region has a strong growth agenda as does its industry and commerce.
ESSAM, through both its entrepreneurial theme and its engagement with local enterprises, will provide you with the tools and insights to inspire, lead and deliver development and growth. The Core theme will unpack the opportunities and challenges at a regional, industry and business level, while the Electives will provide both a theoretical and practical underpinning - enabling entrepreneurial flair and creativity. Both will combine to produce meaningful outcomes for locally-based businesses.
Team-based consultancy project
- Participants are assigned to a project team and provided with a challenging brief.
- Guidance and support is provided by faculty, and the whole experience is facilitated by sponsoring enterprises.
- Each client expects to see well-informed solutions to development and growth agendas that are entrepreneurial, achievable and sustainable.
- At the end of the programme, each team will present a consultancy report to the sponsoring enterprise and faculty.
- A 'dragons den' format will determine who will walk away with the ESSAM 2019 grand entrepreneurial prize.
Core & Electives
Core and Electives will be drawn from leading academics, predominantly from ESSAM consortium schools, and will address entrepreneurial issues around regional, industry and business level development and growth. The Electives together with Core sessions, sourced from internationally-renowned academics and regional, national and international entrepreneurs, provide a context and platform for both personal and business development.
The assessment of ESSAM 2019 has three components:
- Individual written assignment on the Core – 40%
- Individual written assignment on the chosen Elective – 40%
- Group Project written report – 20%