Issued: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 15:30:00 GMT
FinTech Roundtable: Facilitating equality, diversity and inclusivity in the FinTech sector - where can industry and academia make a difference?
Tuesday 23 February, 3.30pm - 5.00pm
As part of our FinTech Forum event series, Adam Smith Business School was delighted to host a roundtable focusing on equality, diversity, and inclusivity in the FinTech sector.
This event was convened by Dr Helen Mullen, Coordinator of the MSc Financial Technology Pathways Projects and brought together representatives from industry and academia who shared their insights on supporting access to the FinTech sector, and the role that skills can play in this. During this session we considered:
- What are the equality, diversity and inclusivity issues in the FinTech sector in Scotland?
- What skills-related measures can we take to support equality, diversity and inclusivity?
- How can academia and industry collaborate to address equality, diversity and inclusivity?
Our guest speakers below were welcomed by Professor John Finch, Head of Adam Smith Business School, and the roundtable was hosted and led by Dr Dominic Chalmers, senior lecturer in Entrepreneurship and Innovation and Programme Manager for the MSc Financial Technology.
- Eve Wallace - Chief Administration Officer (CAO) for Technology, Morgan Stanley
- Andrew Duncan - CEO, Soar
- Sinead Gallagher - Business Development Manager, Amiquis
- Nicola Anderson - CEO, FinTech Scotland
- Ian Hanson - Sector Manager, Financial and Business Services, Skills Development Scotland
- Claire Gillespie - Sector Manager, ICT and Digital Technologies, Skills Development Scotland
- Dr Rami Alsharif - Lecturer in Human Resource Management, Adam Smith Business School, University of Glasgow
- Professor Kat Riach - Professor in Organisational Studies, Adam Smith Business School, University of Glasgow
- Professor Rosalind Searle - Professor in HRM and Organisational Psychology, Adam Smith Business School, University of Glasgow
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org