BAFA Accounting Education Special Interest Group Annual Conference 2020
Issued: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 14:36:00 GMT
Date: Wednesday 20 May - Friday 22 May 2020
Time: Times vary
Venue: The University of Glasgow's main campus, G12 8QQ
Audience: Accounting education academics and practitioners
Admission: Registration fees - information will be displayed on the British Accounting and Finance Association website in due course.
The Adam Smith Business School is delighted to host the BAFA Accounting where academics can present and share research in accounting education. The conference includes opportunities to present full papers as well as to share innovative teaching practices in accounting, tax, audit and finance.
The conference will take place in Glasgow which is Scotland’s largest city and is located to the west of the country. Officially the world’s friendliest city, you’ll be guaranteed a warm welcome in Glasgow, and there is so much to explore and enjoy in this beautiful and vibrant city. Within the city, you’ll find world-class visitor attractions, diverse neighbourhoods, stunning architecture, an ever-evolving food and drink scene and legendary nightlife.
The conference provides:
- a platform for presenting and discussing research in accounting education, from all sorts of perspectives (e.g. teaching innovations, curriculum development, better assessment, cooperation with accounting bodies)
- a forum for presenting emerging ideas or innovative teaching practices
- a range of active workshops to develop ideas for teaching and learning
- an opportunity to identify partners for collaborative research
- a network of attendees, embracing a concern for better teaching and learning in the area of Accounting, Tax, Audit and Finance
Paper submissions will open in October 2019, more details will be provided in due course.
Delegate registration will open in January 2020. Registration fees will shortly be announced on the The British Accounting and Finance Association website.
The conference will take place across Glasgow University's main campus. See map.
Founded in 1451, the University of Glasgow is the fourth oldest university in the English-speaking world. We are one of the top 100 of the world's universities and have been named Scottish University of the Year by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018.
The below hotels are in close proximity to the University Of Glasgow’s main campus and all of which can be accessed by public transport/taxi.
More information will follow in due course
For any enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org