How to apply
Registration has now closed for ESSAM 2019
ESSAM 2019 is open to both full-time and part-time currently registered MBA students. To apply, you will need to complete an online application form and provide a personal statement and a CV (two pages maximum) describing your managerial roles and responsibilities.
The final deadline for applications was 30 April 2019. However, if you wanted to apply for ESSAM 2019 and missed the deadline, we may still be able to consider your application. Please email Ela Zych-Watson, the ESSAM Administrator, in the first instance with your enquiry.
If you're interested in applying for ESSAM 2020, and would like to receive information about this programme when it becomes available, please contact the ESSAM team.
Students from Consortium universities and Friends of ESSAM universities and business schools pay a reduced fee. To find out if you are eligible, contact the ESSAM team. The fee includes the ESSAM two-week programme, shuttle bus transfer from and to Glasgow and Edinburgh airports, accommodation for one person, meals, course materials, social activities and visits.
Visa requirements for international students
If you are a non-EU national, you will require a Short-term Study visa in order to take part in ESSAM 2019.
You should refer to University of Glasgow International Student Support and Visas (select Short-term Study visa) for the latest information regarding student visas to ascertain if you require a visa and the criteria you will have to fulfill.
English language requirements
If your MBA is not taught at an English language-speaking MBA school, please note the University sets a minimum English language proficiency level and you must provide proof of:
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic module (not General Training):
- overall score 6.5
- two sub-tests no less than 6.5, no sub-test less than 6.0
- or equivalent scores in another recognised qualification
Common equivalent English language qualifications
All stated English tests are acceptable for admission for both home/EU and international students for this programme:
- ibTOEFL: 90; no sub-test less than:
- Reading: 20
- Listening: 19
- Speaking: 19
- Writing: 23
- CAE (Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English): 176 overall; no sub-test less than 169
- CPE (Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English): 176 overall; no sub-test less than 169
- PTE Academic (Pearson Test of English, Academic test): 60; no sub-test less than 59
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English: ISEII at Distinction with Distinction in all sub-tests
For international students, the Home Office has confirmed that the University can choose to use these tests to make its own assessment of English language ability for visa applications to degree level programmes. The University is also able to accept an IELTS test (Academic module) from any of the 1000 IELTS test centres from around the world and we do not require a specific UKVI IELTS test for degree level.
Terms and conditions
ESSAM 2019 terms and conditions
- Payment must be received in full by The University of Glasgow by 10 May 2019 at the latest.
- In the event that payment is not received from a student (or their institution), the reservation will be cancelled.
- In the event of cancellation or withdrawal before 17 May 2019, 50% of the total fee will be refunded.
- In the event of cancellation or withdrawal after 17 May 2019, no refunds will be granted (except in exceptional circumstances - subject to the organiser’s discretion).
- Applicants are advised to include this contingency in their insurance.