How to apply
Registration is now open for ESSAM 2022
ESSAM 2022 is open to both full-time and part-time currently registered MBA students.
Application and Payment Processes
To apply for ESSAM in the first instance, please provide a personal statement and your CV and email them to Ela Zych-Watson email@example.com. Please note, a minimum of three years management experience is required for ESSAM.
- Maximum 500 words
- Why you want to apply to the programme
- What attracts you to the ESSAM 2022 theme - Development and Growth at the Regional, Industry and Business level
Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Maximum of two pages
- Where you are studying for your MBA
- Describe your managerial roles and responsibilities.
Once you are offered a place on ESSAM and confirm your acceptance, we will ask you to complete our online booking form and payment. Please be aware that registration is only complete when the applicable fees have been paid online.
Please note MBA students at Consortium Universities or Friends of ESSAM Universities are eligible for reduced rate fees.
The deadline for applications has been extended to 22 April 2022.
- Consortium Universities students £3,100 (GBP)
- Friends of ESSAM Universities students £3,600 (GBP)
- Standard ESSAM fee £4,450 (GBP)
Your fee includes the two-week programme tuition, shuttle bus transfer from and to Glasgow and Edinburgh airports, transfer from Glasgow to Dumfries, ensuite accommodation for one person in Wolfson Hall student residences in Glasgow and ensuite hotel accommodation in Dumfries, meals, course materials, company visits, cultural and social activities and excursions.
Please contact the ESSAM team to check if you qualify for Consortium Universities or Friends of ESSAM Universities reduced rate fees.
Visa requirements for international students
Please refer to the University of Glasgow Standard Visitor Visa - Study page for the latest visa information and guidance for students coming to the UK for ESSAM 2022:
The information on E-gates will also be relevant to many students coming to the UK for ESSAM 2022, so please refer to this page for guidance:
English language requirements
If your MBA is not taught at an English language-speaking business school
Please note the University of Glasgow sets a minimum English language proficiency level for ESSAM and you must provide proof of:
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic module (not General Training):
- overall score 6.5
- two sub-tests no less than 6.5, no sub-test less than 6.0
- Tests must have been taken within 4 years 5 months of start date. Combined scores from two tests taken within 6 months of each other can be considered
- or equivalent scores in another recognised qualification