How to apply
Registration is now open for ESSAM 2020
ESSAM 2020 is open to both full-time and part-time currently registered MBA students. To apply, you will need to complete an online application form and provide a personal statement and a CV (two pages maximum) describing your managerial roles and responsibilities. Please note a minimum of three years management experience is required for ESSAM.
Early registration is strongly recommended as places are limited.
The closing date for applications is 31 March 2020.
• Consortium Universities students £3,080 (GBP)
• Friends of ESSAM Universities students £3,520 (GBP)
• Standard ESSAM fee £4,200 (GBP)
Your fee includes the two-week programme tuition, shuttle bus transfer from and to Glasgow and Edinburgh airports, transfer from Glasgow to Dumfries, ensuite accommodation for one person, meals, course materials, company visits, cultural and social activities and excursions.
Please contact the ESSAM team to check if you qualify for Consortium Universities or Friends of ESSAM Universities reduced rate fees.
Visa requirements for international students
Please refer to University of Glasgow International Student Support and Visas (select Short-term Study Visa) for the latest visa information and guidance for students coming to the UK for short term study for ESSAM 2020.
English language requirements
If your MBA is not taught at an English language-speaking Business School, please note the University of Glasgow sets a minimum English language proficiency level for ESSAM and you must provide proof of:
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic module (not General Training):
- overall score 6.5
- two sub-tests no less than 6.5, no sub-test less than 6.0
- or equivalent scores in another recognised qualification
Terms and conditions
ESSAM 2020 terms and conditions
- Payment must be received in full by the University of Glasgow by 30 April 2020 at the latest.
- In the event that payment is not received from a student (or their institution), the reservation will be cancelled.
- In the event of cancellation or withdrawal before 3 May 2020, 50% of the total fee will be refunded.
- In the event of cancellation or withdrawal after 3 May 2020, no refunds will be granted (except in exceptional circumstances - subject to the organiser’s discretion).
- Applicants are advised to include this contingency in their insurance.