Colombia's business opportunities and challenges in the renewable energy space
Colombia's business opportunities and challenges in the renewable energy space: Energy transition and its implication in global value chains
Wednesday 3 November 2021, 2.00pm-3.00pm
University of Glasgow (and online)
An invitation only event
This event was organised by the University of Glasgow MBA at the Adam Smith Business School and ProColombia as part of the COP26 parallel agenda which the University of Glasgow has developed.
We were joined by the Colombian Government, private sector and academia in a constructive discussion around the challenges and opportunities in Colombia's energy transition journey and its application to global value chains.
We were delighted to welcome the following guest Speakers to our panel discussion:
- Diego Mesa, Minister of Mines and Energy, Colombian Government
- Alan Hendry, Sustainability Director, Mott MacDonald
- Johanna Trujilo, Country Manager Solar Programme Director, Mott MacDonald Colombia
- Ricardo Sierra, President, CELSIA
- Professor Gordon Wilmsmeier, Kühne Professorial Chair in Logistics, University of Los Andes
- Clemente del Valle, Director Sustainable Finance Centre, University of Los Andes
- Dr Javier Yanez-Arenas, MBA Director, Adam Smith Business School, University of Glasgow
- Jose Puyana, Executive Director UK & Nordics, ProColombia
The UK hosted the 26th UN Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP26) in Glasgow from 31 October – 12 November 2021. The meeting brought countries together to work towards achieving the objectives of the Paris Agreement and the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change.
Further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
First published: 26 October 2021