Inequality post COVID-19
Inequality post COVID-19 workshop
Tuesday 8 June, 2.00pm - 3.30pm
Zoom online webinar
This 'Inequality post-COVID-19' workshop examined different dimensions of inequality (e.g. in labour market outcomes, wealth, health), and implications for policy, following COVID-19.
The Bank of England's Andy Haldane opened proceedings with a keynote, before we moved on to three short presentations given by Xiaowei Xu, Professor Paolo Surico and Dr. Konstantinos Angelopoulos.
Chaired by Dr. Sinem Hacioglu Hoke, Bank of England, this was a gripping event with Q&A throughout.
Our special guest speakers were:
- Andy Haldane - Chief Economist, Bank of England
- Professor Paolo Surico - Professor of Economics, London Business School. Paolo's slides are here: Consumer spending and the size of economic stimulus payments .
- Xiaowei Xu - Senior Research Economist, Institute for Fiscal Studies. Xiaowei's slides are here: IFS Presentation .
- Dr. Konstantinos Angelopoulos - Reader in Economics, Adam Smith Business School. Konstantinos' slides are here: Health and wealth inequality under epidemiological uncertainty following COVID19 .
- Dr. Sinem Hacioglu Hoke - Senior Economist in the Monetary and Financial Conditions Division, Bank of England
This event took place via Zoom.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
First published: 8 June 2021