Getting to Glasgow
Glasgow is Scotland’s largest city with a population of approximately 600,000. Glasgow is situated in the west of Scotland within easy reach of many other areas of interest: 20 miles to Loch Lomond, 42 miles to Scotland's capital city, Edinburgh and 112 miles to Inverness, the capital of the Highlands.
Glasgow International Airport is approximately 7 miles away from the city centre with direct flight connections to all major European hubs, North America and the Middle East.
Other options by air: Glasgow Prestwick Airport is 33 miles south west of the University and Edinburgh International Airport is 42 miles east of the University.
Transfers from Glasgow Airport to Glasgow City Centre
Glasgow Airport express shuttle bus
From airport to Glasgow
- The Glasgow Airport Express service is operated by First Glasgow and is the official bus service connecting the airport and the city centre in just 15 minutes.
- In both directions, the express bus service runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This means you’ll be able to easily get to and from the airport, no matter what time your flight.
- From the airport, catch the Airport Express from stance 1.
From Glasgow to airport
- From the city, catch the Airport Express from Buchanan Bus Station, stance 46.
- The bus station is very close to Glasgow Queen Street Train Station. In the city, this service picks-up and drops-off at St Vincent Street (near Central Station), George Square (near Queen Street Station), and close to many popular hotels.
- The easiest way to buy your ticket is by using the First Bus Glasgow mTickets app. Simply download the app, pre-purchase your ticket, and show it to the driver.
These are plentiful at the airport and are located just outside the main terminal building.
Our recommendation is to use the Glasgow Airport Express bus service which is frequent, fast and cost-effective.
Transport within Glasgow
The city has a very efficient public transport system and offers travel passes for delegates using the regular local bus services, trains and the subway between the city centre, airports and the University.