Date: 24 February 2021
Time: 12:00 - 13:30 UK time
Networking can be quite a daunting prospect, especially as a student, which is why we have gathered a group of successful, friendly alumni to be part of our Speed – networking Event.
You will receive profiles of the alumni attending before the event, to give you a chance to think about what questions you would like to ask them. The supportive and informal atmosphere is the perfect setting to gain confidence in your networking skills. Creating and sustaining relationships with colleagues and peers will help you throughout your career.
What are the benefits of taking part?
By the end of the workshop, you will:
- Practice the networking skills you learnt at the Networking Skills Workshop if you attended this
- Gain insight to different career paths after university to help inform your career decisions
What will happen during the Speed – Networking Event?
- The event is informal; our Alumni team will give an introduction and host the event. Adam Smith Business School alumni from a range of career destinations will be in Zoom breakout rooms, and you will be assigned a room.
- Each alumnus/a will introduce themselves and talk a little about their career since graduating, you will then have an opportunity to ask questions.
- After 10-15 minutes, a different alumnus/a will join you to repeat the process
Networking skills workshop
First published: 21 January 2021
<< previous story
next story >>