Out of Hours Emergency Service
We offer a dedicated emergency service working alongside practices in the local area to provide emergency treatment when your usual vet is closed (nights, weekends and public holidays). The service operates from the award winning Small Animal Hospital to look after your pet 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days of the year.
We have a dedicated and experienced team of Vets and Nurses dealing solely with emergency cases. The Small Animal Hospital can also provide specialist referral care onsite without the need to transport your pet.
We can also provide overnight facilities for pets in need of some extra care. In the majority of cases your pet will be transferred back to your usual veterinary surgeon in the morning (unless your veterinary surgeon requests specialist referral care or your pet is unfit to travel due to their illness). Patient transfer can be arranged with an animal ambulance on your behalf. Your veterinary surgeon will be kept up to date with any visits or calls you make.
How to contact us
- In all emergency situations we recommend contacting your usual veterinary surgeon.
- If they are closed they will have a message detailing their out of hours’ protocol.
- If you have no regular veterinary surgeon, contact us on the number below.
Please contact us before arriving as this allows us to triage your pet and ensures we have all the necessary equipment in place to treat when you arrive.
Unfortunately we can not provide an ambulance serivce at this time.
House visits are occasionally required but in the vast majority of cases your pet will be able to receive a much higher standard of treatment in our Hospital.
Here is what our practices tell us:
- “I'm really happy with the service - calls in the morning and quality of reports all appreciated. So much better for very ill animals to be referred directly”.
- “I have been very happy with the care they have received and particularly with the speed at which the care is reported”.
- “I am very grateful for having such a professional backup such as the Glasgow vet school for my Out Of Hours”.
- "The out of hours service has been excellent. We appreciate the fact the staff go out of their way to phone us. We also appreciate that any histories are faxed through to us asap and if any major cases have happened we have also been given a phone call. Please pass on our thanks to all of the ooh's staff and keep up the good work!".
We accept cash, all major debit and credit cards. If you are insured please bring the necessary forms with you.