This section lists some of the support and information available on careers, development and promotion provided by the University, as well as what is available locally within the College and our Institute.
Have a look below to find out more about:
- The university and the general support which it provides.
- The college and its available provisions to support its members.
- Currently active local groups, events and opportunities.
University Information and Support
- Support for Staff with Caring Responsibilities
- Early Career Development Programme
- Equality & Diversity (Dignity at work & study, disability, LGBT staff, mental health, faith & belief)
- Flexible Working Policy
- Organisational Development which run a range of s such as communications, researcher development, and P&DR
- Parent Buddy Network & Parents and Carers Forum
- Parental Leave Policy
- Performance & Development Review (P&DR)
- Promotion, reward and recognition
- Staff Induction
- University Nursery
- Work Life Balance
College Information and Support
- MVLS Academic Returners Support Fund and Carers' Conference Fund
- MVLS Athena SWAN mentoring scheme (campus only)
- MVLS PhD Student Maternity, Paternity, Parental, Adoption Pay and Leave Policy
- For further information, please see the MVLS Human Resources webpages.
Local Information and Support
- A presentation was given by Dan Haydon & Maureen Bain on Academic Promotion - Academic Promotion Presentation slides (PDF)
- Female Researchers Group
- BAHCM Mentoring Scheme: All new research and academic staff members joining the Institute are paired-up with a more experienced member of staff who acts as a mentor for the duration of their probation.
- Seminars and Events
- Study Opportunities: Short courses for postgraduates and staff
- Networking opportunities (Institute seminars, )