Dr Vickie Curtis
- Public Engagement Manager, Wellcome Centre for Molecular Parasitology (Parasitology)
telephone: 0141 330 3579
My main tasks are to enhance and facilitate the public engagement (PE) activities at the Wellcome Centre for Molecular Parasitology. Our PE activities aim to increase the accessibility and transparency of our research, and to bring it to new audiences and key stakeholders. We work with other organisations, partners and collaborators to increase opportunities for engagement, and to embed and share best practice.
I have a background in research (both biological and social), and previously worked in corporate communications and corporate social responsibility.
Follow me on:
1. Science and society
2. How digital technologies are being used by scientists to engage with non-specialists.
3. Citizen science and public participation in science.
4. Public engagement training in HEI's.
5. Art-science collaborations
My publications can be accessed here.
In-house provision of PE training for researchers and PGR's
MSc Infection Biology
L4 Life Sciences (public engagement project option)