Fellowship Sponsorship at the CVR
External candidates wishing to be considered for fellowship sponsorship are invited to submit a “Request for Sponsorship” with the following information:
- An outline of the fellowship project they intend to develop (max 2 pages);
- A career plan (1 page);
- Their CV with a complete list of publications (including those in preparation or submitted).
Requests will be considered on a rolling basis throughout the year in order to take advantage of opportunities as they arise. We recommend allowing 3-6 months to prepare a fellowship application so please keep this in mind when considering application deadlines.
Requests should be emailed to email@example.com
The following assessment criteria will be applied to all requests:
- Is the candidate likely to be competitive for an external fellowship based on their track record to date;
- Is the proposed research project novel, innovative and feasible;
- Is the proposed project complementary, yet sufficiently distinct, when viewed alongside existing CVR programmes;
- Is this a sustainable area of research with strong prospects for future funding;
- Is this research area synergistic with the CVR’s research strategy;
- Is the CVR the most appropriate place to undertake this project, is suitable laboratory space available, together with the necessary facilities.
Decisions will be influenced by a number of factors. The strength of the applicant’s CV, whilst important, will not wholly dictate deliberations, due consideration will also be given to the strategic fit of the proposed project with the current and future activities of the CVR, and the potential for this research area to continue to attract external funding and flourish in the CVR. In all cases, we will do our best to clearly communicate to candidates the reasons for the decisions made.
Candidates might find the information provided on the MRC website 'Skills needed to win support' helpful when evaluating your track record and assessing whether you meet the skills and experience required.