Genomics - Next Generation Sequencing
Dr Ana Da Silva Filipe
- NGS Facility Manager (Research Fellow) (Centre for Virus Research)
Since joining the University of Glasgow in 2008 as a molecular virologist, I have accumulated extensive experience leading research in viral genomics and transcriptomics. I am passionate about innovation and implementation of sequencing solutions applied to viral systems, while maintaining a focus on quality.
Previously, I worked on gene therapy applied to vascular diseases, where I developed targeted nanovesicles containing viral vectors, for the delivery of therapeutic genes.
Currently lead the CVR Genomics team.
Google scholar: https://scholar.google.co.uk/citations?user=tcZyY6MAAAAJ
I lead the CVR Genomics team, which provides the CVR community and collaborators with expertise in high-throughput sequencing, aiming to contribute to the understanding of viruses.
My current research focuses on viral hepatitis and respiratory viruses; I am also driving the development of sequencing solutions for viral emergence and discovery.
Grants and Awards listed are those received whilst working with the University of Glasgow.
- SARS-CoV-2 infections in cats: assessing their zoonotic potential and role in sustaining the pandemic
Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council
2021 - 2022
- Enhancing dengue surveillance in the Philippines
2020 - 2023
- A pilot study to establish the use of whole genome sequencing in characterising nosocomial influenza cases
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
2019 - 2020
- Exploring in-host evolution and viral determinants of enhanced replicative ability of live attenuated influenza vaccine using whole genome sequencing
British Infection Association
2018 - 2020
- Developing innovative and sustainable approaches to prevent the spread fo African swine fever in Africa (ASF-RESIST)
2018 - 2021
- DENV project
Medical Research Council
2016 - 2019
- Validation of metabolomics as a technique to identify determinants of treatment response in HCV infection (ISSF Catalyst)
2014 - 2015