The Bunyavirus Group
Research group of the late Professor Richard Elliott (1954-2015).
For general laboratory enquiries
For research or publication based enquiries please see the contact list below:
- Bunyamwera virus - Xiaohong.Shi@glasgow.ac.uk or Ingeborg.VanKnippenberg@glasgow.ac.uk
- Schmallenberg virus - Xiaohong.Shi@glasgow.ac.uk
- Oropouche virus - Ben.Brennan@glasgow.ac.uk
- Rift Valley Fever Virus - Ben.Brennan@glasgow.ac.uk or Felix.Kreher@glasgow.ac.uk
- Severe fever with Thrombocytopenia Syndrome virus, Heartland virus or Uukuniemi virus - Ben.Brennan@glasgow.ac.uk
Hantaviruses & Insect specific Bunyaviruses
Bunyavirus Structural Studies
- We created a recombinant Rift Valley fever virus with the N and NSs coding sequences swapped around on the S segment (Brennan et al., 2014).
- Together with collaborators in Brazil, we corrected the genome sequence of Oropouche virus and established of a minigenome system (Acrani et al., 2015).
- Also with these collaborators we produced a detailed phylogenetic analysis of the Oropouche virus species and description of a novel reassortant virus in Brazil (Tilston-Lunel et al., 2015).
- We established a reverse genetics systems for severe fever with thrombocytopenia syndrome virus with colleagues in China (Brennan et al., 2015), and for Uukuniemi virus with Ana Överby in Sweden (Rezelj et al., 2015).
- We created a recombinant Bunyamwera virus that expresses the NSs gene via an ambisense S segment (van Knippenberg & Elliott, 2015).