Mrs Janet Bouttell
- Research Associate (Health Economics & Health Technology Assessment)
- Former chartered accountant, primary school teacher and cafe owner.
- Proud older worker, wife and mother of four.
- Keen hillwalker - working my way through the Munros - 110 and counting ...
- Completed MSc Health Technology Assessment at HEHTA, University of Glasgow in 2015 and PhD 2016-date.
- Enjoy wide variety of work here at HEHTA with my PhD focusing on the evaluation of molecular pathology tests in development.
My research to date has four main themes:
- The economic evaluation of diagnostic tests in development, with a focus on precision medicine.
- Impact evaluation of population health interventions using natural experiment methodologies.
- Epidemiological analysis using a variety of statistical approaches.
- Costs analysis of a large linked data set.
I would be interested in supervising projects in the economic evaluation of technologies in development.
- Developed materials and teach methods to deal with unmreasured confounding on the Advanced Epidemiology module on the Masters in Public Health (MPH).
- Developed materials and teach on the Data Science module of the MSc in Health Technology Assessment (MSc HTA).
- Co-ordinate projects for MSc HTA.
- Supervise projects for Masters programmes.
- Mark dissertations and assessments in MSc HTA and MPH.