Ms Jane Goodfellow
- Dissemination & Information Officer (Institute of Health & Wellbeing)
Room 206, House 1, 1 Lilybank Gardens, Glasgow G12 8RZ
I work as part of the Institute of Health and Wellbeing (IHW) administrative team, which I joined in October 2017.
My responsibilities include:
- editing and producing the IHW online monthly newsletter HAWKEYE
- managing the institute website and providing technical support to other web editors across IHW
- contributing to IHW's equality, diversity and inclusion agenda, including:
- data analysis for Athena SWAN reporting purposes
- managing the institute's Athena SWAN twitter feed
- raising awareness of equality and diversity issues and of institutional policies to ensure fairness and counter discrimination in the workplace
- planning of events which support inclusiveness and staff wellbeing
- taking an active role in the work of IHW's Athena SWAN Self Assessment Team (SAT) and a number of other working groups
- advising on data protection and copyright issues
Prior to joining the IHW admin team in October 2017, I worked for over 20 years in an information management/IT role within General Practice and Primary Care (GPPC), with particular responsibility for: design and delivery of new staff induction; poster design; software support; event management; technical support for learning and teaching; and research governance.
I also have experience in research administration, having spent two years working as part of the MIDSPAN Family Health Study team, based in General Practice and Primary Care, in the late 1990s.
I studied music at University of Southampton. On graduation, I trained as a psychodynamic music therapist at Roehampton Institute, London and worked within the Greater Glasgow area, offering a music therapy service to adults with learning disabilities, between 1988 and 1994. I completed a MPhil in Publishing Studies at University of Stirling in 1995.