Hazard Group 2
The possession or use of hazard group 2 biological agents and hazards is subject to the following requirements:
- Biological COSHH risk assessment a biological COSHH risk assessment is required for hazard group 2 biological agents and hazards. Complete the biological COSHH risk assessment form.
- Pathogen and toxin registration Hazard group 2 biological agents and hazards must be registered with the management unit and the Safety and Environmental Protection Service (SEPS) using the pathogen and toxin registration form. The registration of pathogens and toxins must be done before any biological agents or hazards are brought into the university.
- Monitoring The PI must monitor the work to ensure that the controls are effective and used by all group members.
- Review Biological COSHH risk assessments must be reviewed and amended immediately where there are any changes to the activity or the risks.
- Records The PI must keep all biological COSHH risk assessments including all revised versions and other relevant records. Where possible please keep electronic versions of all records, these can be added to the Institute health and safety J drive Health and safety. These files will be reviewed by an Annual Audit.