The preliminary heats took place on Monday through Thursday 2-5 March 2020, 2:00PM each day in the Gilchrist Postgraduate Club seminar room.
The Three Minute Thesis Finals took place virtually on 2 July 2020 from 3:00-4:30PM.
The 2020 Final Results:
Overall Winner: Ciaran McGeady, CoSE - Listening to Butterflies with Brainwaves
Runner-Up: Michael Vallely, CoSS - The Class Ceiling: Why Social Class Matters
People's Choice: Richard Mott, MVLS - Bark or Bach?
3MT 2020 Finalists
- Valentin Kapitany, CoSE - High resolution FLIM using machine learning
- Richard Mott, MVLS - Bark or Bach?
- Carolyn Saund, CoSE - Gestures In Embodied Cognition for Artificial Agents
- Andrew Baxter, MVLS - Did the Teenage Pregnancy Strategy work?
- Lynn Wilson, CoSS - Closing the Loop. Driving post-consumer clothing circularity
- Nicola McGuire, MVLS - Advancing the application of treatments for negative symptoms in psychosis
- Ciaran McGeady, CoSE - Listening to Butterflies with Brainwaves
- Hazel Marzetti, MVLS - Expanding empathy: understanding LGBT+ Youth Suicide in Scotland.
- Michael Vallely, CoSS - The Class Ceiling: Why Social Class Matters
- Grant Creaney, MVLS - When being “late” is never a good thing
- Lisa Alymova, Arts - Translating the untranslatable
- Annabel Farnood, MVLS - The effects of online self-diagnosis
- Chris McParland, MVLS - The role of the nurse in multimorbidity care