Three Minute Thesis 2018
The Grand Final took place on Friday 16th March 2018 at 3.30pm, in the Hugh Fraser Room, with an audience of nearly 60.
- Overall winner: Alex Riddell - 'Of Mice and Men'
- Runner up: Kirsty Deacon - 'Young people’s experiences of a family member’s imprisonment'
- People's Choice: Jane Bugler - 'Targeting Stem Cells in Leukaemia'
We hope to keep in touch with our winners to see how they make use of their research prizes in 2018/19.
3MT Finalists 2018
Well done to all of our 2018 participants! The finalists who made it through their college heats were:
- Yalinu Poya (SCI&ENG) - 'Making Ammonia to Feed the World'
- Jess Ryan (SCI&ENG) - 'Saving Cows Quickly'
- Penny Markopulou (SCI&ENG) - 'Sponge Taxis for Drugs'
- Alex Riddell (MVLS) - 'Of Mice and Men'
- Jane Bugler (MVLS) - 'Targeting Stem Cells in Leukaemia'
- Sinead Griffin (MVLS) - 'Sex, Drugs and... Pulmonary Hypertension'
- Sebastián Martínez (COSS) - 'Causal Inferential Dynamic Network Analysis for Public Health'
- Kirsty Deacon (COSS) - 'Young people’s experiences of a family member’s imprisonment'
- David Henderson (COSS) - 'Multimorbidity and access to social care: exploiting emerging administrative datasets in Scotland'
- Frances Osis (ARTS) - 'Bodies of Knowledge: Venereal disease in 18th century medical museums'
- Rachel Fletcher (ARTS) - 'Chopping up the timeline: What belongs in an Old English dictionary?'