LKAS PhD Scholarships Application Process
Application deadline: 12.00 noon, Monday 13 January 2020
Of the 16 potential projects advertised here only 8 scholarships will be awarded based on the applicant's quality and fit with the project.
The Selection Committee will meet on 30 January 2020 and the decision of the selection committee will be communicated to you by the project supervisor.
- Prospective students should review the project proposal and make contact with the Lead Supervisor of the project to discuss their eligibility for the project.
- Applicants may submit applications, via the Scholarships Application Portal up until the application deadline of 12 noon, Monday 13 January 2020. Please note that this is not an application to study at the University of Glasgow.
The following documentation will be required from applicants if they are invited to submit a full application:
- LKAS Applicant Statement
- 2 references in support of your application. (The references relevant to the application for admission to Glasgow for PhD study may be submitted to this process – they do not need to be tailored to this process.)
Referees may return their references to email@example.com clearly stating the name of the candidate and the project in the email subject line by 12 noon, Monday 13 January 2020.
- Degree transcripts in English (Undergraduate and Masters, if relevant)
- Candidates whose first language is not English must show evidence of appropriate competence in English in the form of an IELTS certificate or similar. Applicants may still submit their application without this evidence but any offer would be conditional.
Each project team will select their preferred candidate whose details will be forwarded to the selection panel by 10.30am, Wednesday 22 January 2020. Applicants should be aware that even if chosen by the project team as their nominated candidate there is no guarantee that they will be awarded a scholarship.
Applicants are strongly advised to apply for alternative funding by searching the University's Scholarships and Funding database.